Thread: Possibility of Auto Track?

Possibility of Auto Track?

I am very appreciative of the new camera, and we are looking to grab at least 2 in the next month or two. For normal operation, we are planning on setting them within 3 feet of each other in the back of our venue. Cam 1 will be our wide shot of the stage, while Cam 2 will be our follow cam for the speaker. Special occasions we'll move the other cam.

So in the beginning of our setup, I'll be only one man doing everything (totally doable in our venue). But we plan on adding two more of these awesome cameras to get more angles. When that happens, it will be much more of a challenge to keep three cameras on the stage talent.

So I was wondering if it's not possible now, what would it take to put an auto follow/track feature on these cameras?

Or if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Can't wait for our cams!

I've contacted these guys telling them to support NDI and they could have an powerful and easy PTZ auto tracking software solution. I don't think they realize how good having NDI support for a product like this could be.

http://www.dycap.co/

They didn't seem interested at my request (I only work for the company that makes NDI, so what so I know?), I recommend you contact them as well, perhaps if we get enough people asking they will look into adding it.
    Last edited by kanep; 08-13-2017 at 10:52 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I've contacted these guys telling them to support NDI and they could have an powerful and easy PTZ auto tracking software solution. I don't think they realize how good having NDI support for a product like this could be.

http://www.dycap.co/

They didn't seem interested at my request (I only work for the company that makes NDI, so what so I know?), I recommend you contact them as well, perhaps if we get enough people asking they will look into adding it.
    Kane did you see the price for the Dycap tracking software??
    $3200 for the first year... Wow!
    That must be some kind of crazy good software. Dr. Cross, calling Dr. Cross, can you spend 12 minutes and whip this out tonight for all our TriCaster users?
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

$3200 is outrageously insane! Unless that's like "unlimited camera operation."

I understand that active tracking is extremely difficult, but wow! Don't feel like paying this guy's BMW payment. A teenager on a remote control is much cheaper!

Well, hopefully more affordable technology will be developed to make this happen.

Thanks for the repl