Thread: Vue & Plant Factory 2016.3 released

Vue & Plant Factory 2016.3 released

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/news/?pa...t%2010,%202017

Great ui & speed improvements, Path Tracer for clouds, cloud modulation , hdri rendering and more.
    Last edited by Marander; 08-11-2017 at 12:39 PM.

thanks man-- I didn't get an email about it for some reason downloading now :-)

Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    I'm still on R2 and Check for Update says I'm on the current version (xStream). Wha? We'll see what the new week brings.

EDIT: Oh, I see, you actually have to download it yourself. Should have taken a longer nap earlier.
    Last edited by scallahan1; 08-13-2017 at 12:08 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

if your maintenance is up to date go to their site log in and go to support then software up dates its in there

Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    Yeah, did it and got it installed...was too tired at first. Thought the automatic update thing would have done it. Expiring for the night. Brain dead.

Interesting. Still using 2015 Complete but the upgrade price is attractive. Poised to land a gig doing an animated historical battle reconstruction and plan to use Vue for the terrain; probably worth it to upgrade while the path is still open.

Thanks for the heads up!

Still one of the best general purpose terrain appies out there IMNSDHO.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

"iCan" Mac Pro
    17" MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis
    Synology DS412+

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    Interesting. Still using 2015 Complete but the upgrade price is attractive. Poised to land a gig doing an animated historical battle reconstruction and plan to use Vue for the terrain; probably worth it to upgrade while the path is still open.

Thanks for the heads up!

Still one of the best general purpose terrain appies out there IMNSDHO.
    I agree with you, Vue us a nice terrain application. Terragen got much better too, but without the artist friendly ui of Vue.

From a feature side 2016(.3) is not a must have. The new features it had so far were not stable or interesting so far for me and on my main machine I kept on working with 2015.

The export feature was very slow without good results, the path tracer was (and still is) incomplete and instable. I have no use for 16 (!) viewports. The new height fields took ages to compute, much longer then in world machine.

The fixpack 3 has nice viewport optimizations. The only thing I tried with it so far are spectral clouds wirh the path tracer and the render looked very jaggy. But the stability and navigation speed seems much better now.

Since you're using Mac, there is also an improvement for high res Mac displays.

But overall I'm optimistic because e-on managed to release the two feature releases for 2016 in a short amount of time. I'm on the xStream maintenance and if it continues this way I will keep it up.
    Last edited by Marander; 08-13-2017 at 07:32 AM.

You should add world machine with the geoglyph plugin. http://www.world-machine.com/

they are pretty cheap but powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Whelkn View Post
    You should add world machine with the geoglyph plugin. http://www.world-machine.com/

they are pretty cheap but powerful
    Yes I have Worldmachine Professional and used it heavily.

However Houdini Indie 16 seems more powerful and versatile then Worldmachine.

Geoglyph is a nice addition but node locked unfortunately. The UI of Worldmachine is outdated and the one of Geoglyph has quite some issues. Maybe that is resolved now, it tested an early version 2 of the community edition. Worldmachine 3 is in beta since very long and not so stable. For both of them (GG and WM) development is very slow and uncertain. The developers of Geoglyph (Quadspinner) are working on their own independent solution now as far as I know. Quadspinner abadonned already projects before (like MDK for Vue) and the tools are not well documented in my opinion.

If you take these applications as-is it's ok but I wouldn't expect too many improvements. I would recommend looking into the Houdini landscape tools instead.

I would recommend looking into the Houdini landscape tools instead.

looks alright indeed.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz