Thread: TriCaster TC350 Studio TV Connection

TriCaster TC350 Studio TV Connection

Hello,

I am trying to connect my TriCaster TC350 Studio to a TV monitor. We would like to use Cat5 Adapters instead of running 100' of cable. The TV Monitor has Y Pb Pr connections only rather than standard Yellow RCA video connections. We have two options to connect to the TV we have a COAX connection and HDMI. IF i use COAX Cat-5 adapters and a coax adapter on the 2nd composite video output signal will the audio pass through or will I need to use a free audio output on this model of tricaster. I was told the Y Ry and By output on the TriCaster is not the same and i could risk bad video if the TV won't adjust.

Here are the adapters I was thinking of getting:
    http://www.markertek.com/product/mux...yABEgLbw_D_BwE

I already have one of the 2 outputs being used for another TV but because of Audio I know I will need a distribution amp to send audio to both TV's. If someone can please give me insight that would be wonderful.

You will need to use an analog audio output and send that to the TV.

If both the Tricaster and the TV have Component connections, you need something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Co.../dp/B003UT7TJS

I'm not sure which connections your TV has; at first you say it has only Component, then you go on to say it has coax and HDMI. Neither coax nor HDMI is going to much use for you with your 350, though converters are available for each.

You can also set the Tricaster outputs to be composite, in which case you would use a compsite balun with yellow, red, and white - all three connected at both sides.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

TV has these 3 options Y Pb Pr (Red green blue), Coax, or HDMI. I have y BY RY output on the tricaster but was told that is not the same as the Red Green Blue connections and they said TV may or may not adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by adminssa View Post
    TV has these 3 options Y Pb Pr (Red green blue), Coax, or HDMI. I have y BY RY output on the tricaster but was told that is not the same as the Red Green Blue connections and they said TV may or may not adjust.
    Y = Y
    Pb = BY
    Pr = RY
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, TC 8000, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, 3Play Mini, 3Play 4800, TS 100, TS 4000

Just to clarify, audio is NEVER carried in composite or component video signals. Of the 3 video connectors, the first one (Y) is the same as the "Yellow RCA" on other gear. The other two connectors are used with the first IF you want to output COMPONENT video which requires 3 cables. Do not confuse the 3 jacks with Yellow-Red-White, they are not. You have separate audio outs on TriCaster.

About the TV, you say you have Coax and HDMI. I assume Coax to mean the screw-on adapter? That is for an RF signal, like from antenna or cable, which you do NOT have. TriCaster is putting out a straight video signal as you would get from a VHS or DVD player. If the TV has RCA inputs (yellow-white-red) then yes the yellow will accept composite video output from TriCaster.

If you connect the single Y-output of TriCaster to TV and get black and white image, then TriCaster output is set as COMPONENT in software, need to change to COMPOSITE to get the color in that signal.

For composite output, the balun you showed ought to work, IF the TV does have RCA input jack

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: PTZ Optics 20x SDI

Hey Jeff the TV only has Y Pb Pr, Coax, or HDMI connections and Red White Audio. The solution that i was going to try was the following. Use the Y RY and BY connection out straight from TriCaster to Cat 5 adapters then put the audio portion of the adapters above only into a distribution amp so that my audio output can be sent two places. The first TV i have an audio run to that currently. I just need another output to the second TV. I was thinking of buying BNC to RCA female adapters so the ones above can work since most of these have to be ran in pairs.