Thread: 3rd Powers Metamesh 1.10

3rd Powers Metamesh 1.10

https://80.lv/articles/meta-mesh-1-10-released/

Kinda weird they don't mention Lightwave anywhere on the 80.lv page.

Sweet plugin though. Just shows that modeler can be kick *** with the right coder/tools

edit : oop, no its started on there too.. "why dinosaurs died and leave lightwave?"

quite old news in regards to MetaMesh, been discussed on these forums many times before.
    bit info on my Youtube channel also...
    https://www.youtube.com/user/erikals...query=metamesh

---------

as for "LightWave" there are 12 other threads on this subject already.
    Last edited by erikals; 08-09-2017 at 05:10 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    https://80.lv/articles/meta-mesh-1-10-released/

Kinda weird they don't mention Lightwave anywhere on the 80.lv page.

Sweet plugin though. Just shows that modeler can be kick *** with the right coder/tools

edit : oop, no its started on there too.. "why dinosaurs died and leave lightwave?"
    Oh my, this version was released more then 2 years ago. It's a good plugin but has an outdated destructive workflow like everything else in modeler.

certainly several tools would be nice to have non-destructive, agree.

haven't checked into Blender properly, but i bet it's way better in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

haven't checked into Blender properly, but i bet it's way better in that regard.
    What should be non-destructive (in my opinion): all kind of booleans, lathe, sweep, bend, array, clone, heatshrink, spline / rail extrude, smooth edges / bevel / profile in some form, subd, fracture, symmetry. And text of course!

Yup.. metamesh is a life saver. They just need to get that working in Layout. Hopefully that's somehow part of any "master" plan

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    What should be non-destructive (in my opinion): all kind of booleans, lathe, sweep, bend, array, clone, heatshrink, spline / rail extrude, smooth edges / bevel / profile in some form, subd, fracture, symmetry. And text of course!
    You'd want the Xisi way so you can elect to have all immediate like modeller now or elect for live and history.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    not going to happen any time soon. Modeler needs a rewrite or to be partly ported over to Layout.
    2022 earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

I guess this is sort of similar, but you have to commit to the Sensei Format. A bit messy but fun I guess, still need to re-topologise or clean up the result.

One could also use the remesher on a two component mesh and fuse together if you apply the remesher modifier in edit mode, then select a face on one object segment and ctrl for select linked (as for connected in lightwave) and then move that segment towards the other segment and it should fuse, how well depends on the remesher modifier settings, and add a subsurf division modifier in the stack after the remesher.

Though I suspect metashape tools in sensei format is way better, but itīs a crude way in standard blender.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blender remesh.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	347.4 KB 
ID:	137636