Thread: Started withe “KTVU-TV is calling using an out of date version of Skype” Sideways Upd

Started withe “KTVU-TV is calling using an out of date version of Skype” Sideways Upd

Was getting “KTVU-TV is calling using an out of date version of Skype” when we tried to call a iOS phone with our VS-100
    Tried updating TalkShow to ver 2.0.17045 the VS-100 said we were on 2.0.170324 still unable to call out.
    The VS-100 computer running Windows Embedded 8.1 Pro had never had any OS updates, I updated the OS and was able to make calls without the out of date warning.
    A few days later Skype TX stopped working.
    After 2 hours on hold with support I was told to restore the system (hit F8 on start-up) and update TalkShow did that still unable to get Skype TX to load.
    Chat session with support said to load Skype TX 2.17.601.4, still not working.
    When I launch TalkShow SKYPE wont load from the display button in the TalkShow window.
    When I try to launch SkypeTX ver 2.17.601.4 I get a Windows warning "SkypeTX Stopped Working"
    1.5 days on this so far, going to call support again.
    Any and all ideas welcom.
    Thanks,
    James

Just got off phone with NewTek Support and they said SkypeTX is a Microsoft product and I need to get help from Microsoft.
    Into the breach.

Issue resolved working for 3+ days so far
    To Recap
    A. “KTVU-TV is calling using an out of date version of Skype” when we tried to call a iOS phone
    B. Preformed TalkShow up date ver 2-0-170302 loaded no change.
    C. Tried to load ver 2-0-170405 unable to load.
    D. Updated Windows OS Embedded 8.1
    E. Contacted NewTek support they told me to restore system.
    F. My KVM system would not let me complete a restore USE LOCAL KVM WHEN RESTORING SYSTEM
    Support from my vendor Core Microsystems was instrumental Thanks Jay
    G. Got product Key from NewTek Chat Thanks.
    G. After system restore updated TalkShow from NewTeks site ver 2-0-170324 loaded.
    H. Updated SkypeTX and Channel.
    I. Skype unit working so far.

Thanks,
    James