Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: I really do lose my patience dear NewTek company

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post
    Well I have said the same thing. And I am still here...

Oh wait... pounding at the door. I see pitch forks and torches. Gotta go.
    LOL that would be something funny to render

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    Yeah but letting the blog die was a stupid idea. Why create expectations only to allow it to diminish? In marketing, that's not very different from shooting yourself in the nuts! It's stupidity at best.
    You're right. That's not the best communication, but again, only those on the inside have the answers. There can be many reasons for the sudden and prolonged silence. Again, all we can do is wait.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    I'll probably get run out of town for saying this, but I honestly don't know of many companies who keep their customers appraised of upcoming features and deadlines. Mostly, I see companies announce a new version and new features about six months or less before release.

The sprinkling of images and information we've received so far has supported my belief Next is going to be a huge leap forward. The amount of work it entails is certainly staggering and I'm confident NT will give us something amazing.

Yes, I'm boiling over with anticipation as the rest of us are, but no amount of moaning, IMO, will accelerate the release. Sometimes all we can do is wait, painful as it is.
    Don't really care either way at this point. . .but what people get flustered about in general is when somebody says they are going to do something, they start doing it and then all of a sudden something happens and then doesn't follow through (seemingly) with what they said they were going to do originally.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    Don't really care either way at this point. . .but what people get flustered about in general is when somebody says they are going to do something, they start doing it and then all of a sudden something happens and then doesn't follow through (seemingly) with what they said they were going to do originally.
    Having run my own business for more than 12 years now, I know all about people not doing what they promise.

I'm not defending NewTek and I'm not angry with them. I'm just saying there's more to this than we know or may ever know.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

Having run my own business for more than 12 years now, I know all about people not doing what they promise.

I'm not defending NewTek and I'm not angry with them. I'm just saying there's more to this than we know or may ever know.
    Agreed. . .but I'm not even saying anything was "promised", just that they didn't follow through with what they were doing with the blog and such. It's an public image thing that doesn't help things at all.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 08-07-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Oh dear.

You're right. That's not the best communication, but again, only those on the inside have the answers. There can be many reasons for the sudden and prolonged silence. Again, all we can do is wait.
    And why would they sit on the answers? How does that help their cause? Haven't they realised they've got competition with very tempting offerings? Hey Rob Powers... stop being delusional and pull your head out of your ***. Come on... talk to us! You weren't hired to come and sit on your laurels to eat pizza and smoke pot.
    Do your job or make way for someone who would for **** sakes!
    Last edited by Hail; 08-07-2017 at 01:13 PM.

I do not want to start a another 18 pages of this thread That said, I want to say that while I understand almost everything that has been posted on this thread and probably do not disagree with much of it.

With that said, I want to emphasize that noone at NewTek is sitting around doing no work. The engineers are focused every day on making this the best version of Lightwave for you. I can tell you that we probably want to ship a product more than anyone on this forums wants us too ... but our goal is and has always been to make things as best as we can for the users of the application and so have focused on continuing to make this the best Lightwave that we have made in a long time. We could obviously make a lot of people happy and make ourselves more money by just putting it out there but you are fans of Lightwave because that is not how we operate and because we truly try to make it the best product we can often at our own expense. We are not about to change that, it is who we are ...

Andrew Cross,
    President and CTO,
    NewTek

Thanks for your inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by ACross View Post
    I do not want to start a another 18 pages of this thread That said, I want to say that while I understand almost everything that has been posted on this thread and probably do not disagree with much of it.

With that said, I want to emphasize that noone at NewTek is sitting around doing no work. The engineers are focused every day on making this the best version of Lightwave for you. I can tell you that we probably want to ship a product more than anyone on this forums wants us too ... but our goal is and has always been to make things as best as we can for the users of the application and so have focused on continuing to make this the best Lightwave that we have made in a long time. We could obviously make a lot of people happy and make ourselves more money by just putting it out there but you are fans of Lightwave because that is not how we operate and because we truly try to make it the best product we can often at our own expense. We are not about to change that, it is who we are ...

Andrew Cross,
    President and CTO,
    NewTek
    Excellent!
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

"We are alive??? We are aliveeeeee....".

Randy Marsh from south park.

Kösz Andris! Király csávó vagy!

We are not about to change that, it is who we are ...

"it is who we are ... "

Many thanks for chiming in, Andrew
    Last edited by TheLexx; 08-07-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Andrew Cross,
    President and CTO,
    NewTek

Now youré talking...Great, thanks for that.

Well, there you have it. Its great that you responded @Andrew. Because this is all that is really needed for most people (because I know there are always those that can never be pleased) Just some feedback every now and then. Doesn't have to be any longer than what you just posted either. But showing signs is important. If people begin to have discussions on their own, its like talking to yourself. You're discussing with a voice from the doom loop. Talking, breaks that.

So again.. thanks for that

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast