Thread: NDI App for Smart TV or Apple TV

NDI App for Smart TV or Apple TV

I have seen the NDI Camera app and it got me thinking about the Apple TV. It would be awesome to have an Apple TV NDI monitor app. I figure its possible as the TV and iPhone share the same chips. Any reason this wouldn't work?
    I have messed around in xcode a little but I do not know enough about coding to attempt making this. Im not sure why Newtek hasn't already made this. Also it would be great to extend this idea into Smart TV's.

That would be cool - NewTek seems to rely on Sienna for NDI Mac utilities, perhaps try contacting them?

It should be trivial as you say, tvOS is basically the same platform as iOS.
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by jamin9909 View Post
    I have seen the NDI Camera app and it got me thinking about the Apple TV. It would be awesome to have an Apple TV NDI monitor app. I figure its possible as the TV and iPhone share the same chips. Any reason this wouldn't work?
    I have messed around in xcode a little but I do not know enough about coding to attempt making this. Im not sure why Newtek hasn't already made this. Also it would be great to extend this idea into Smart TV's.
    At the present time there is no NDI decoder on the ARM platform. Hence there can be no monitor on ARM platform.

Quote Originally Posted by livepad View Post
    At the present time there is no NDI decoder on the ARM platform. Hence there can be no monitor on ARM platform.
    That is a bummer. Thanks