Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Control for PTZ

Control for PTZ

Can these new PTZ cameras be controlled with the Tricaster? The site mentions web interface for control is there a actual control surface available?

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    Yes, you have full control of the camera via the PTZ functionality in the TriCaster. The joystick on any of the control surfaces can be used for manual control and preset recall.
    Last edited by Zane Condren; 07-21-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Condren View Post
    Test, you have full control of the camera via the PTZ functionality in the TriCaster. The joystick on any of the control surfaces can be used for manual control and preset recall.
    Sounds awesome, thanks! We will be taking a good look at these when they are available.

Newtek Elite Partner
    I get the control aspect. But what about video/audio? Can a TC Mini with AE see video/audio (4 NewTek NDI PTZ cameras) over NDI?

A Mini with Advanced Edition can bring in 4 NDI PTZ Cameras. If you are on standard edition you are limited to bring in the cameras via the 2 net inputs.
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Hello,
    Apart from controlling the camera from Newtek switchers, are there any other control methods available? I have many customers using Panasonic remote camera control panels...
    Martin

Newtek Elite Partner
    A Mini with Advanced Edition can bring in 4 NDI PTZ Cameras. If you are on standard edition you are limited to bring in the cameras via the 2 net inputs.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    Apart from controlling the camera from Newtek switchers, are there any other control methods available? I have many customers using Panasonic remote camera control panels.Martin
    Panasonic controllers like the RP50 and RP120 don't currently support a simple NDI control configuration the way our gear and apps do, but they can use Visca over a network connection. I haven't tested this, but I suspect that if you plug in the appropriate values on the surface, it might well work. You might need to use the remote control and OSD to configure the camera to use Visca over the network.

I think in the fullness of time, it will behoove Panasonic to consider adding direct NDI control support. It would make sense since they are offering NDI cams ...

In the meantime, not that not only can you use a mouse to control a camera in the new Studio Monitor application, it also supports Windows joysticks, as for example a game controller. This is pretty cool, inexpensive, and can be wireless to boot.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    it will behoove Panasonic to consider adding direct NDI control support. It would make sense since they are offering NDI cams ...
    Can we apply that to NewTek also? I'll run out right now and buy a handful of NewTek PTZ NDI cameras if an NDI hardware controller were available. Any suggestions?

It would GREATLY benefit more than a few of us for NewTek to release a dedicated hardware NDI controller for these NewTek cameras. I can't always control the TriCaster AND the cameras at the same time so I'll have an operator for the PTZ cameras - and having a tactile controller often provides much smoother control than laptop-only screen buttons.
    Tom F
    Academic Webstreamer, now with the TC1

Yes, you have full control of the camera via the PTZ functionality in the TriCaster. The joystick on any of the control surfaces can be used for manual control and preset recall.
    I wanted to verify something along these lines. I have a PTZ and I am currently able to control it from within the Tricaster. I wanted to know if I were to get a X-Keys Joy Stick would that also work? If so, how hard would that be to program macros for?

I dont own a recent Newtek control surface. Not one with a joy stick attached.

Quote Originally Posted by fonze View Post
    Can we apply that to NewTek also? I'll run out right now and buy a handful of NewTek PTZ NDI cameras if an NDI hardware controller were available. Any suggestions?.
    Of course NewTek NDI cameras (and Pansonic ones with NDI support too) can be easily controlled in NewTek control surfaces with joysticks on them. I fully expect the reverse will also be true - that if Panasonic supports NDI control connections to their surfaces, our PTZ1 will work with them too.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve. I guess my question really is NewTek going to release their own NDI camera controller for the PTZ1? Or will we have to depend on other manufacturers to fill that void?
    Tom F
    Academic Webstreamer, now with the TC1

Quote Originally Posted by fonze View Post
    Thanks Steve. I guess my question really is NewTek going to release their own NDI camera controller for the PTZ1? Or will we have to depend on other manufacturers to fill that void?
    We don't really discuss future plans (you'll have heard the maxim, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans!") ... but I'l stick my neck out and say that - while our switcher surfaces already have pretty complete PTZ control features - I'd be surprised to see us announce a NewTek branded stand-alone PTZ control surface anytime in the immediate future.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Although I've got a control surface with joystick AND an external control surface, I've always thought that the external surface was much easier to operate.

I'm hoping that the X-Keys joystick can be made to work as that would be an ideal partner for a Mini control surface.

Cheers,

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Fritz,

Would this one not work?

http://x-keys.com/xkeys/xk12Joystick.php

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast