Thread: Old Control Surface (with Tricaster 450) working with Tricaster TC1?

Old Control Surface (with Tricaster 450) working with Tricaster TC1?

I'm using the Control Surface with the Tricaster 450. I heard that this Surface control is compatible with the new TC1. You have only to change the cap with the new attribution. Do we need more than that to be sure that our actual Control Surface will work perfectly with the new TC1 (do we need a software update?). if not, where can we find the replacement caps? Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by KCHSLA View Post
    ... to be sure that our actual Control Surface will work perfectly with the new TC1.
    As best I recall, the older 460CS will work with TC1, but 'perfectly' may depend on your definition of perfection. The surface mapping for the 450/460CS corresponds to the replacement TC1 S surface, which is best suited to smaller productions. None of these surfaces have a full complement of switcher buttons on any row, so the selection available is more limited than on either of the '24 button' surfaces like TC1 L, 8000CS, or even an 860CS.

I think if your software is up to date, it will just work, so you can try it out. Sorry, I do not know of any plans to prepare replacement button caps. (Over the years there would have had to be many, many of these to match all of the possible combinations that have been implemented.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")