Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your LightWave plugin/extension list?

Oh, that reminds me, Affinity designer. Is awesome for vector work and much easier to use than illustrator. Works great with photoshop too.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    Oh, that reminds me, Affinity designer. Is awesome for vector work and much easier to use than illustrator. Works great with photoshop too.
    Cool! I'm a huge fan of Xara Designer Pro, which is another Illustrator competitor. I left it out because most folks have never heard of it and it's another Windows-only app. I mainly use the actual Illy app to open my Xara work and re-save it in .ai format to insure it's compatible with clients' machines.

On learning TFD, I believe "Kat" Myers has some good info videos at Liberty3D. They're pay to play but if you want a quick dive into what it does I find his teaching style and production values to be quite good.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

"iCan" Mac Pro
    17" MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis
    Synology DS412+

Yeah the good thing with affinity is its cheap and for those that like Mac, on there too.

Also, check out affinity photo for Photoshop alternative that's also cheap and cross platform.

I'll have to check out tfd stuff, thanks.

Good list Spinland. Comments for a couple of items:

LWCAD. I don't use it all the time but sometimes it's indispensible. On my Rhythm reel, there are a couple of shots from a Pepperidge Farms Goldfish commercial test where I was in charge of designing and building the card palace set. LWCAD helped me knock the exterior and interior models out in a single work day, even the collapasable versions. (I think it took me longer to plan and design the sets on paper.)

Moho Pro 12. Now, this is a 2D animation program I've been using nearly everyday at work. I don't normally use it with LightWave but it does happen: in at least two productions this past year, I placed Moho rendered animations inside of LightWave scenes. What I love about Moho is that, even though it's a 2D animation program, the rigging system and some of its tools are very LightWave-like. And, TBH, there are a handful of Moho Pro features I wish LightWave had.

Quote Originally Posted by TreyX View Post
    what's ur system config/graphics card? i've got a quad core mobile workstation w/ 32GB of RAM and an NVidia Quadro M1000M GPU w/ 512 CUDA Cores
    Asus ROG G20CB-NR128T

Intel Core i7-6700
    32GB RAM
    512GB SSD + 2000GB HDD
    NVIDIA GTX1080 - 8GB
    Microsoft Windows 10

One thing I heard in the reviews, that the ssd isn´t one of the faster out there.

http://cdon.se/hemelektronik/asus-ro...52&fo_s=gplase

thanks for the interaction on this thread, peeps! i think it will also be useful to many others who are looking to beef up their LW suite like i've been doing lately. there are definitely many outstanding leads that i'm researching as we speak, and plunked down some coin yesterday on TurbulenceFD & LWCAD, so those are new additions to my set. y'all are awesome to share your setups, and i am very appreciative for your time and participation.

“There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

"iCan" Mac Pro
    17" MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis
    Synology DS412+

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12