Thread: Feature of the Year 2017: Loading EMEMs via Macros !!!!!

Feature of the Year 2017: Loading EMEMs via Macros !!!!!

Just wanted to point this amazing new feature out to everyone who has downloaded the most recent builds for TC8000, TCI & IP Series.

Operators have been able to export (or save) their M/E configs (DDRs, GFX, Audio as well) for roughly a year or so as EMEM files. this replaced .preset files from yester-year.
    This specific function is great for TDs who like to save their work incase a session goes corrupt, or those TDs who want to put their files on a USB drive and take their work to another machine.

Tricaster now can snapshot your M/E config, knowing its current state and recall that state whenever youd like, have it be in the same M/E or even in another M/E.
    This first part is wonderful, before in the .preset file world, I would have to record myself building my M/E effect via a macro and then change the timing. Even then the macro wasnt smart enough to understand the 'state' of the M/E.
    The Macro only saw you push a button, it didnt understand what was on or off.
    For example now the EMEM file is smart enough to know you had M/E1 Keyer 1 ON and not OFF, and it recalls that when you want to reload the EMEM file.

(Alright to the point already)

My biggest gripe about all of this was I could build all of these great M/E effects that were smart enough to know each other, yet there wasnt a way to recall them quickly (no mouse, 1-click)
    Now there is, hidden inside the new update is a macro line of code that allows you load a EMEM file into whichever M/E you see fit.

{prefix}_import_emem(int index, string path)

in my example, it looks like this:

v1_import_emem path (C:\Program Files\NewTek\Tricaster\Bin64\Saved Presets\1-2 Box.emem)

I cant begin to tell you how many lines of macro coding this one line has now made obsolete.
    As I stated before, you used to need to record yourself building the actual effect, which could mean 30+ lines of code for one effect in one M/E !
    I teared up as I began loading my original macros into the M/E and saved them out as EMEM files, knowing I was deleting thousands upon thousands of lines of now obsolete code.

I share this information with you all knowing this huge feature will go undocumented in release updates and in hopes it triggers something in your operators to make your workflows more streamline.
    ask questions, discuss, collaborate with other technical directors and take a little something from them and make it your own.
    Gear Used:
    TCXD 8000
    3Play 4800
    VizRT IP 2-Channel
    Panasonic HDX 900 Cameras
    NDI Connect Pro
    Graphic Outfitters ScoreHD
    Graphic Outfitters Scorebridge
    Livetext 3 w/ LT [Scoreboards 2]

You can also use macros to import/export playlists for DDR as well I the latest Rev 5 software. (Which I something I'm happy about since I needed for a web app.)
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

I think people should hear about what you can do with the DDRs and Audiomixer presets now! I just dont use them like others may

I know you can export via a macro now, but Im having a hard time with a workflow that makes sense. it can cause errors in my opinion depending how you implement
    Gear Used:
    TCXD 8000
    3Play 4800
    VizRT IP 2-Channel
    Panasonic HDX 900 Cameras
    NDI Connect Pro
    Graphic Outfitters ScoreHD
    Graphic Outfitters Scorebridge
    Livetext 3 w/ LT [Scoreboards 2]