Thread: VS-100 to VS-4000 Video Only 720P

VS-100 to VS-4000 Video Only 720P

I'm planning to use my VS-100 for remote events and connected a Sony Z150 set to output 1080 30P to the VS-100 SDI IN. I then called my VS-4000 and see that the input only goes up to 720P.
    I thought it might be my wireless connection so I hardwired the VS-100 to the same Cisco switch that's connected to the VS-4000, no change.
    I also tried my old trusty Canon XF-305 1080P SDI out to the VS-100 and had the same result.
    I rebooted the VS-100 each time I made a change to the configuration.

Both TalkShow's have the latest update installed.

I spoke with support this afternoon and they confirmed that it only supports 720P. I thought that a TalkShow to TalkShow connection would be the best possible quality based on the prices and that they are using Skype TX.
    I have an open case and will check back in the AM.

I can Skype a $300 laptop on a separate WiFi network with an external HD camera and get 1080P to the VS-4000.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Rob

TriCaster 460 AE
    VS-4000
    VS-100
    Gnural Net Live-To-Air and Call-In manager
    External VSE and LT
    NDI Transmit

Support stated that Skype TX only supports 720P and I've not been able to get it to 1080P or I.

I found a Skype TX FAQ that says it can output SDI up to 1080i at https://media.skype.com/faqs/ though this must mean through its SDI OUT port.

I have a Magewell USB Capture SDI that goes to 1080P in the TalkShow VS-4000 when it's connected through an i3 laptop using the regular Skype client.
    I tried using the Magewell Capture device as an input to the VS-100 and the VS-4000 would only get to 720P and it couldn't capture the SDI embedded audio.

So, I have a pristine, never used outside my control room VS-100 for sale. It includes the original keyboard, mouse and power cord and will be shipped in the original shipping boxes.

Please let me know if you are interested and we can discuss the price offline.

Thanks,
    Rob Safran
    rob@sharewisdom.tv