Thread: Dante Support

Dante Support

I install and use TriCasters almost exclusively for live events that involve sound systems. I am more often integrating with sound systems that use Dante. The Dante inputs on the TriCaster work well, but in almost every situation I need to have a mix minus output from the TriCaster to avoid feedback. I cannot do this with Dante. I am working on a large project at a sports arena and I need Dante support for the aux outputs as well as the main output. There are 12 Dante transmitters that are not in use. How, or when, can this functionality be made possible?

You can get 4 mix minuses out of the TC by using the 4 channels of embedded audio in the SDI outs. You could probably get 8 mix minuses there using both the main and aux outs. Run the SDI to a de-embedder (AJA makes the one I use here) and then assign what channels go to that particular output via the TC's internal routing. We currently use the aux-out SDI to send 4 channels of mix-minus to the outboard console. I agree that using Dante would be f-ing amazeballs for this, but there is currently a way to do it...
    Last edited by dhodlick; 08-03-2017 at 12:17 PM.

I know this is a little OT for the sub, but we are getting ready to implement Dante throughout our productions. I just assumed the Aux busses would show up as outputs on the Dante network. Is this not the case?
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee-AVP View Post
    I know this is a little OT for the sub, but we are getting ready to implement Dante throughout our productions. I just assumed the Aux busses would show up as outputs on the Dante network. Is this not the case?
    Not as completely as some would like Lee.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI