Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Layla and the Dragon

Layla and the Dragon

Layla is an old character that I have created a long time ago and I decided to give her a dragon. She is a princess and has a lot of power.

You can see more detailed images here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/K9819

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layla_and_the_dragon_ok.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	137037  
    Last edited by MAUROCOR; 06-10-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    Ground control to Major Tom

I love it! You could use more SSS on her skin perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by bazsa73 View Post
    I love it! You could use more SSS on her skin perhaps.
    Glad to hear that, Peter. About SSS... I think it looks not too much because the lighting/color correction PS. Take a look at this picture:

Holy shizzle dude! She is hotter than I have imagined. Doing nude females is definitely fun.

Are both characters done from scratch in LW or are they based from other available models?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    Are both characters done from scratch in LW or are they based from other available models?
    Hello, Curtis! Both characters were created in LW from scratch. Layla is an old character and is all LW. The main sculpt task were made in ZBrush in the case of the Dragon.

Great models, though I would sugges thinking about another background than the one you currently got, the lighting on the single image of Layla is far more better than the lighting in the main image, I also detect a weird effect of her right arm being too short, which they probably arenīt, maybe a little..but it may be due to the pose that isnīt very natural, or it could be something with the proportions of the upper body..thereīs is something there like it may be to short or something.

And composition...
    I personally would probably move the fire piedestal to the right at the edge of the image, as it is now..it competes for attention together with the main models, overall I think it could use a different lighting rather than the current almost front lighting.

Otherwise..nice.

I love dragons, especially if they bring something hot with them

Thank you prometheus for your sugestions. But I am so happy with what I have created. I really donīt see this image the way you say. To me the proportion of her body is nice. Fire has an important value in this image, just like I wanted and about background...it is nice to me too. I believe if I use your sugestions I will have something very different from what I wanted. But I respect your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MAUROCOR View Post
    Thank you prometheus for your sugestions. But I am so happy with what I have created. I really donīt see this image the way you say. To me the proportion of her body is nice. Fire has an important value in this image, just like I wanted and about background...it is nice to me too. I believe if I use your sugestions I will have something very different from what I wanted. But I respect your opinion.
    Absolutly..thatīs the way it should be, when I say proportions may be off, I think I said that can be an illusion based on how the pose is, for me it is something with the pose that makes the arm touching the dragon looks a bit strange, initially I though it could be the proportions on the arm, but since the other arms seems right I do not suspect the other arm is different, that leads me to think the pose isnīt natural..giving that illusion.
    I still think the upper body is too short and maybe the head a bit to large proportionally to the body.

About the composition, Itīs just suggestions, It may have looked better or not, some things are in the eye of the beholder as well as the taste, even though the fire is of importance, I personally think it would have looked better more to the side but still in the scene without loosing the fire.
    Again..just my thoughts, I would have to set up a scene similar to that of yours, to show samples, not sure I have the time just for showing off, and I would have to go with daz figures cause I do not got time nor full skills to model it all.

As for background and colors, I am a fan of desaturated backdrops/background and often dark ones...and if itīs no surpise, a lot of cloud darkness ala LOTR and the nazgul riders (think of the scene in lotr 2 where the nazgul is almost catching frodo and the ring while hovering over the ancient pillars.
    That may be too much of copiy that style, and you may want a completely different look and setting of course.

I also think I said something about a different lighting, I am a big fan of more dramatic contrast and lighting, so characters are a lot hidden in shadows but sort of creeping out to accenuate it, as in old chiarascuro techniques painted by old masters.

If we look at the style you may try to acheive, it seems like a sort of illustrative look rather than a filmic or painted look.

Donīt worry, my friend! I am sure this same scene using your suggestions would be great. The thing is that I was looking for a different approach. If I have time I will create a more dramatic one and I will let you know.

Love the scales on the dragon!
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

New Brace Media website

Quote Originally Posted by The Dommo View Post
    Love the scales on the dragon!

Agree with The Dommo, Digging the detail work on the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by pbaroque20 View Post
    Agree with The Dommo, Digging the detail work on the dragon.

I remember this..!
    Good stuff
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

New Brace Media website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast