Thread: Help With Upgrade

Help With Upgrade

I need help with upgrading software for my VS-100. When I launch the Skype TX application (after login) I see there's a message about upgrading the software.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ErrorMessage_AtStartUp.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	137019

But when I go through the process and upgrade the message doesn't go away. Further more, recently I've noticed a orange explanation mark in my Channel 1.

Name:	ErrorMessage_Channel1.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	137020

Please advice.

The first upgrade was for a new version of Skype TX control, which it sounds like you installed. The second one will come as a TalkShow upgrade, I'm not sure when the next update for that is scheduled.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "When I go through the process and upgrade ..."? And, Are you running the Skype TX control application locally on your VS-100, or on another system?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Could you elaborate on what you mean by "When I go through the process and upgrade ..."? And, Are you running the Skype TX control application locally on your VS-100, or on another system?
    1. Which update would be the correct one to load?

Everything is local to the VS-100. I'm running the two applications, “NewTek TalkShow” (Version 2-0-170324) and “Skype TX” (Version 2.16.615.3).

Please advise.

Thank you.

I just updated to Skype TX version 2.17.601.4. When I run the application I receive a "stxskylibservice.exe - System Error" Stating the following "The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I've reinstalled this three times and receive the same error message every time. If I use Skype TX version 2.16.615.3, after I login Channel 1 shows up and states the following "Need to upgrade To access this channel, you will need to upgrade to a later version that supports the newer channel version"

On Skype TX version 2.17.601.4, after accepting the error message. The system is running very sluggish. The incoming video screen is missing all the information it had before. Also in Channel 1, is shows NewTek TalkShow V2.17.513.1, but I'm running TalkShow-VS-100 Version 2-0-170324.

Error Message after I launch Skype TX application on version 2.17.601.4:

Name:	ErrorMessage_AtStartUp_NEW.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	137048

Channel 1 information missing:

Name:	Channel1.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	137046

Skype TX NewTek TalkShow Channel 1 version is different:

Name:	Error_Version.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	137047

Hi guys,

Any update on this?

I see with the new Skype TX version (2.17.601.4) Microsoft removed the Incoming Network Statics. This was very helpful, do you know why?

Name:	Incoming_Stats.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	137202

VideoGuy,
    I have solution for Error message. Please re-install directX and error wiil stop.
    PLease download only from official MS website.

Quote Originally Posted by CTL Creative View Post
    VideoGuy,
    I have solution for Error message. Please re-install directX and error wiil stop.
    PLease download only from official MS website.
    Download link for DirectX - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: PTZ Optics 20x SDI

Quote Originally Posted by VideoGuy2017 View Post
    I need help with upgrading software for my VS-100. When I launch the Skype TX application (after login) I see there's a message about upgrading the software.

Name:	ErrorMessage_AtStartUp.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	137019

But when I go through the process and upgrade the message doesn't go away. Further more, recently I've noticed a orange explanation mark in my Channel 1.

Name:	ErrorMessage_Channel1.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	137020

Please advice.
    Hi i have a VS-4000 with the same problem , after update skype Tx and newtek software have the problem when I tried to add a channel, says the v2.16.0915.13 need update

Name:	ts1.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	137812

Name:	ts2.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	137813

Name:	ts3.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	137814

Name:	ts4.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	137815

as you can see i make the 2 updates but the version on the channel is still v2.16.0915.13, what is my mistake?

Tricaster is the best thing that i've used since I played with my atari
    Gear Used:
    Tricaster: All 3Play:440
    Cam: JVC GY-HM600, GY-HM150U
    Facebook
    Twitter

Once you log into the TalkShow from the Skype TX Client, you will see a icon on the bottom of the channel (arrow pointing down). Click on this button and then you can update the channel to the new version. Sometimes it does take a minute before this icon appears at the bottom of the channel.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Once you log into the TalkShow from the Skype TX Client, you will see a icon on the bottom of the channel (arrow pointing down). Click on this button and then you can update the channel to the new version. Sometimes it does take a minute before this icon appears at the bottom of the channel.
    I have this problem with TC1 now. Here is a screen shot of the control software:

Name:	TX-upgrade.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	138738

I am waiting for a long time but no upgrade icon appears.

I have the latest TC1 software installed.

Quote Originally Posted by mzafrany View Post
    I have this problem with TC1 now. Here is a screen shot of the control software:

Name:	TX-upgrade.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	138738

I am waiting for a long time but no upgrade icon appears.

I have the latest TC1 software installed.
    What version of Skype TX Control are you running, it might be that you need to update that first.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=45887
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

I am also having the exact problem with Skype TX on our Tricaster TC1.

When connecting to the Tricaster channels in Skype TX I get the following error:

"Need to Upgrade - To access this channel, you will need to upgrade to a later version that supports the newer channel version"

This is the first time I've tried to connect Skype TX to the TC1 so I have just installed Skype TX for the first time, the Skype TX version is: 2.17.1101.2

As far as I know I am running the latest TC1 software as well as I ran an update the same day that I tried to connect Skype.

I'm currently running a restore on the TC1 to see if that fixes. I will follow up if it does.

In the meantime any assist you could provide would be great!

After a complete restore and re-update to the latest Tricaster software the problem seems to be fixed. Not 100% sure what went wrong before, might have been something during the software update?