Thread: Talkshow vs 100 va NDI to Wirecast 7.6

Talkshow vs 100 va NDI to Wirecast 7.6

I am able to send my talkshow feed to my wirecast. However, it will only send 1080x720. I would like the talkshow vs 100 to send 1920x1080. What am I missing?

Thanks
    Kevin

Are you talking about the Skype resolution of the call or the video resolution coming out of the unit? They are two separate things.

There is a setting (gear in upper right corner) in the VS100 interface for the video resolution sent out of the SDI and NDI outputs of the unit.

If you are talking about the quality of video sent through Skype, that is completely separate and depends on the source device and available bandwidth between the devices. Most devices can send 720p quality video as long as the bandwidth is available, but in my experience fewer devices have the ability to send full 1080p video thru Skype. There is no way to force Skype to use a particular resolution, it will automatically do the best that is can possibly get. Sometimes it does take a minute or so for Skype to figure out the best resolution, so it is best to get a call started at least a few minutes before they go to air.
    Last edited by kanep; 06-07-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

I have teh 'output' format set to 1080/60
    I am referring to video out from box to wirecast - not skype feed from box to internet.

Kevin