Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recording NDI sources

Quote Originally Posted by lukerctv View Post
    Speaking of clarity... will I be able to record NDI sources on my NC1 I/O with a future update, or is it never going to happen?
    Hello all,

I have just purchased a TC1 and was surprised/disappointed to find that it can't directly record NDI sources! There is a lot of promotion of NDI from Newtek but I don't recall anyone saying that Tricasters don't record NDI. I don't really want to buy a separate app for that purpose particularly because there is no remote control for Isocorder like there is for Tricaster.

We have had some success with putting an NDI source into a "mix" and recording that but results are a bit unpredictable.

What is generating the NDI source? The NC1IO (which is a common SDI to NDI input module) has built in recording capability and you can configure up to four sources on it to be triggered from the TC1 record button.

What are the issues with recording an input in a mix?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Deleted, Kane beat me on the draw...
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: PTZ Optics 20x SDI

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    What is generating the NDI source? The NC1IO (which is a common SDI to NDI input module) has built in recording capability and you can configure up to four sources on it to be triggered from the TC1 record button.

What are the issues with recording an input in a mix?
    Our NDI source is Scan Converter from NDI Tools. When we try to record this in a mix the interface often freezes and we are unable to stop recording. We have to ctrl-alt-del and log off to exit the session. We don't have a problem recording a mix with SDI sources.

I wasn't aware that the IO module had that recording ability. That could be useful when we need to expand the system. Again though I don't really want the extra cost to add NDI recording when I think it is reasonable to expect the TC1 to do it.

What version of TriCaster are you running? What is the resolution of the NDI Scan Converter source, I was testing with a 1920x1080 desktop resolution? I just tried some quick tests myself and everything appears to behave normally.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by jwam View Post
    Our NDI source is Scan Converter from NDI Tools. When we try to record this in a mix the interface often freezes and we are unable to stop recording. We have to ctrl-alt-del and log off to exit the session. We don't have a problem recording a mix with SDI sources.

I wasn't aware that the IO module had that recording ability. That could be useful when we need to expand the system. Again though I don't really want the extra cost to add NDI recording when I think it is reasonable to expect the TC1 to do it.
    Don't get confused - the NC1IO *cannot* record NDI sources
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12