Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are the TC1 monitor outputs assignable?

Thanks Jeff. That helps a great deal.

If I understand the NC1 I/O, it will convert the 4K RTSP feed from the Panasonic AW-UE70 into a NDI input for the TC1, which then maintains it's 4K quality during processing in an M/E, until it gets scaled down to the output level.

Sound about right to your?
    Last edited by Gordon; 12-07-2017 at 11:08 AM.

NC1 and AW-UE70 are not my area of expertise, however - not sure what the NC1 would be used for if camera is putting out IP video. In that case, run NDI Connect Pro software on a PC, and that will convert IP feed from PTZ into NDI for TC1 to use. That's my understanding of the workflow. NC1 would be used if you had Quad-SDI connections coming from 4k camera.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Thanks Jeff. That helps a great deal.

If I understand the NC1 I/O, it will convert the 4K RTSP feed from the Panasonic AW-UE70 into a NDI input for the TC1, which then maintains it's 4K quality during processing in an M/E, until it gets scaled down to the output level.

Sound about right to your?
    Gordon, welcome to the 4K frontier. It has been a huge fight the last year ever since we had to go all 4k in the production division. It is a real challenge to transport 4k to ANY switcher much less one that has no hardware based 4k inputs like the TC1 or IP Series. The cool thing you have already found is NDI. We jumped in with both feet and both hands and went completely NDI in our workflow as fast as we could, where we could. In our testing the AW-UE70 was not able to output 4K resolution out anything other than the HDMI output. (granted this may have changed with later versions of firmware updates which we haven't applied) We have some AJA RovoCam kits that have the same output issue so we built some format change boxes (we call them HDMI2NDI) that take the 4K HDMI input and convert it to NDI. Currently we are using 2ru rack cases with a max of 3 inputs to convert. Next week we hope to have a new input card that will allow us to convert 4 x 4K HDMI inputs to NDI. That will allow us to package the HDMI2NDI converter machine into a much smaller format.

Your NC1 will work but you will HAVE TO go through HDMI to 12G SDI conversion then 12G SDI to QuadLink to get into the NC1. Necessary evils at the moment.

Keep in mind that converting the streaming output of any camera to NDI is nearly always going to have more delay/latency in it than taking a dedicated video out. The camera has to process it then the NDI converter software has to process it again. Thus latency. Not good if you are using it to cut in with other cameras not getting the same conversion.
    Last edited by PIZAZZ; 12-08-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Thanks for that info Jef.

I am looking to purchase the TC1 but I already have an old 3Play. I am wondering if the TC1 outputs can be assigned a NDI source and sent out SDI to the 3play?

Older 3PLAY systems can only take in video via baseband (SDI or Analog) inputs. If it is a 3PLAY Mini/425/440/4800 system the two channels of output are available as NDI.

The new 3PLAY 3P1 is the only model that supports NDI inputs for replay. You also have the ability on the 3P1 to connect SDI sources to it, which will be converted into NDI for other devices to access.

So the 3P1 can either be an all NDI replay system or used as four additional video inputs for your workflow along with providing replay.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane

I guess what I am wondering can you assign an NDI input on the TC-1 to one of the sdi outputs?

YES, if I understand the question correctly. You want to take an NDI input into the TC1, then route that signal out of TC1 as SDI, right? That's a yes then.

Just double-checked it here. TC Mini running a DDR clip (the Balloon of course!) out as NDI. On TC1, selected that NDI source for INPUT 1. Then for Output Mix 4, set that to INPUT 1. I see the Balloon on SDI OUT 4. There are 4 SDI outs on the TC1, and each can be uniquely configured.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Hi Jeff

That is exactly what I am looking at doing. I already have 2 3plays and we are looking at upgrading a switcher but do not want to buy another replay system right now.

Thanks
    Scott

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UniversumMedia View Post
    Hi Jeff

That is exactly what I am looking at doing. I already have 2 3plays and we are looking at upgrading a switcher but do not want to buy another replay system right now.

Thanks
    Scott
    I'll bite, if you already have 2 3Play's, and we already know that they can only except SDI, would you not already have a video distribution installed to allow this?
    Maybe you are looking to get the Studio Input Module sources over to your 3Play units because the 4 SDI inputs plus the 4 Studio Input Module equal the 8 inputs you have now but then would you not already have the SDI distribution installed to allow SDI's to input your 3Play's?
    Sorry I'm just curious
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

I am not using the two 3plays at the same location I just do not want to waste them if I go with the TC1 and start using cameras over NDI. At the moment we have two full production trailers both use Ross switchers with the 3play. I am looking at upgrading 1 trailer and like the idea of NDi but I need to feed the 3play. We are using a blackmagic video router as some locations we can run sdi to the trailer but I am working on a idea of building a doing sports from other locations with out having to move the trailer to the location. Basically doing live sports from one location and having camera feeds and audio come on NDI in the cloud. I am not sure if the quality will work as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12