Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are the TC1 monitor outputs assignable?

Thanks Jeff. That helps a great deal.

If I understand the NC1 I/O, it will convert the 4K RTSP feed from the Panasonic AW-UE70 into a NDI input for the TC1, which then maintains it's 4K quality during processing in an M/E, until it gets scaled down to the output level.

Sound about right to your?
    Last edited by Gordon; 12-07-2017 at 12:08 PM.

NC1 and AW-UE70 are not my area of expertise, however - not sure what the NC1 would be used for if camera is putting out IP video. In that case, run NDI Connect Pro software on a PC, and that will convert IP feed from PTZ into NDI for TC1 to use. That's my understanding of the workflow. NC1 would be used if you had Quad-SDI connections coming from 4k camera.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: PTZ Optics 20x SDI

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Thanks Jeff. That helps a great deal.

If I understand the NC1 I/O, it will convert the 4K RTSP feed from the Panasonic AW-UE70 into a NDI input for the TC1, which then maintains it's 4K quality during processing in an M/E, until it gets scaled down to the output level.

Sound about right to your?
    Gordon, welcome to the 4K frontier. It has been a huge fight the last year ever since we had to go all 4k in the production division. It is a real challenge to transport 4k to ANY switcher much less one that has no hardware based 4k inputs like the TC1 or IP Series. The cool thing you have already found is NDI. We jumped in with both feet and both hands and went completely NDI in our workflow as fast as we could, where we could. In our testing the AW-UE70 was not able to output 4K resolution out anything other than the HDMI output. (granted this may have changed with later versions of firmware updates which we haven't applied) We have some AJA RovoCam kits that have the same output issue so we built some format change boxes (we call them HDMI2NDI) that take the 4K HDMI input and convert it to NDI. Currently we are using 2ru rack cases with a max of 3 inputs to convert. Next week we hope to have a new input card that will allow us to convert 4 x 4K HDMI inputs to NDI. That will allow us to package the HDMI2NDI converter machine into a much smaller format.

Your NC1 will work but you will HAVE TO go through HDMI to 12G SDI conversion then 12G SDI to QuadLink to get into the NC1. Necessary evils at the moment.

Keep in mind that converting the streaming output of any camera to NDI is nearly always going to have more delay/latency in it than taking a dedicated video out. The camera has to process it then the NDI converter software has to process it again. Thus latency. Not good if you are using it to cut in with other cameras not getting the same conversion.
    Last edited by PIZAZZ; 12-08-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Thanks for that info Jef.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12