Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 2,266 to 2,279 of 2279

Thread: Three months, no release, no FB posts since early April, etc.

Hear, hear.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    For me personally, there is no cut off date, NT can take as long as they want as far as I'm concerned, I'm not waiting around for them. I'm going on as if they're not working on anything at all at this point. Modeler has pretty much been replaced by Modo and Layout 2015 is what it is and all my other apps are moving forward. If they ever release LightWave Next (and I'm really starting to doubt that they actually will), I'll decide then if I will upgrade again.

Thing is, been using LightWave for almost 20 years, anyone who says they're switching to another app is just being dramatic in my opinion. There's no need for all that noise, just buy another damn app and use it in addition to LightWave or use another app and never install LW again for all anyone cares. You're not getting a lot of money for your LightWave version anyway and there's no reason to give up an app your otherwise familiar with that you may find use for at some point in the future or have need for, maybe for a conversion, for pipeline, or whatever. Nobody cares you're leaving LightWave for Houdini and nobody certainly cares you're leaving to go play with eevee in blender.
    - Ignorance is bliss...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusM View Post
    Try to create positive theory.

David Ikeda proved (on FB) that he can create new Modeler based on new mesh engine. He is not posting news from one year. So LW3DG and he apologize each other, shake hands like a man and working together.

I can't wait, 100M poly model editing in 60fps yeah
    If we're fantasizing - then why not 200M polygon model editing and animation at 90fps in Virtual Reality?

Complaining is destructive on both sides. Working bad especially on creative peoples. However to not be only victims in this situation i think quiet protest could be good step from our side.

no need to complain they will release it when it is ready...

one can have a job = a client= or a hobby. hobbiests may complain all day ... it is ok .. they have time to do that ..
    my business life depends on lightwave ... i am grateful for this amazing software... it still gives me amazing motivation ... and passion for learning more.. if i need another tool for that particular job .. of course i will buy it or rent it.

so new version can come out whenever they feel ready. i am happy with what i have today..
    Last edited by tyrot; 11-10-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    hobbiests may complain all day ... it is ok .. they have time to do that.
    Hey I am a hobbiest, and I want to complain about you saying that hobbiest have time to complain. I don’t have time ...to....complain...............ahhhhh..........da mmit....never mind.
    Don't be a dink get some ink

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by c.1 View Post
    Hey I am a hobbiest, and I want to complain about you saying that hobbiest have time to complain. I don’t have time ...to....complain...............ahhhhh..........da mmit....never mind.
    LOL.

Seriously, there's plenty of work to do with THE EXISTING SOFTWARE. Go over to Spinland's modeling challenge and enter, that'll keep hands busy. Sheesh. Effing zombie thread.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

one can have a job = a client= or a hobby. hobbiests may complain all day ... it is ok .. they have time to do that ..
    my business life depends on lightwave ... i am grateful for this amazing software... it still gives me amazing motivation ... and passion for learning more.. if i need another tool for that particular job .. of course i will buy it or rent it.

so new version can come out whenever they feel ready. i am happy with what i have today..
    You know, being a hobbyist doesn't imply being unemployed without any social life... I'm a hobbyist, senior executive and with four children, so no, I don't have much more time than any guy using LW for is business life. No time to complain either. The few spare time I can manage to go with is mainly used messing with LW.
    But I'm agreed with all the rest of your post.

Bryphi replied to your comment on youtube.

[Moderator's note - link removed]

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    ... But enough said about him.
    Yes, indeed. I can't allow posts discussing someone in personal terms (discuss his work if you like) when he isn't here to defend himself. And since that's not going to happen, I'm going to summarily remove all these references, favorable or otherwise, in a couple of moments. I'd be a little more surgical if I had more time, but I don't, so ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Yes, indeed. I can't allow posts discussing someone in personal terms (discuss his work if you like) when he isn't here to defend himself. And since that's not going to happen, I'm going to summarily remove all these references, favorable or otherwise, in a couple of moments. I'd be a little more surgical if I had more time, but I don't, so ...
    Thumbs up..

Lightwave Next will appear, or it will not. If it does, we'll see. I am curious how things will pan out, though, and I hope for the best.
    Win10 64 - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

If this thread is starting to get "dry"; here's the new one: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....htwave-3d-next

Have fun!
    When you know you're a "cup half-full" kind of guy:

"Sir; they've got us surrounded!"

"Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
    Hmm, Aurora. Isn't that where a UFO crashed?

If only that were the case.

No, no UFO.

As far as my join date..... That is the date I joined these "new" forums. I was a member of the old one as well... Under a different user name. Took a break from 3d stuff for a couple of years.

A UFO would be awesome....

-Adrian

@ lwg. listen to bryphi. he speaks a lot of sense.

Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152