Thread: LW11.6: Compositing Buffer Export saves black frames when network rendering

LW11.6: Compositing Buffer Export saves black frames when network rendering

Hi, I'm still on LW11.6 and had occasion to use the Compositing Buffer Export in a recent job. Works great in standalone mode, but not when using ScreamerNet2: it saves only black frames.

Yes, I have a dedicated mapped drive for the project, and LWSN renders and saves the RGB files just fine. The Compositing Buffer Export also uses the mapped drive and is saving frames but they are always black in network rendering mode.

Change back to standalone mode and it worked as expected. This hobbled my productivity; has anybody else out there had this issue?

Thanks,
    -J

Black frames usually mean a problem with the Content Folder. Watch the text output in the LWSN console when it is loading scenes to see what it can't load. Probably failing to locate the objects due to an improperly structured Content Folder or bad path. Here's some information about setting up the Content Folder for rendering with LWSN that may help.

http://dreamlight.com/blog/mastering...ntentDirectory
    MikeS [LWProfile] 30+ Yrs of Award-winning Media DreamLight.com

Drag-and-drop-dead-easy™ ScreamerNet - DLI Constellation
    BOOK - Creating a 3D Animated CGI Short & 3D CGI Short Films & DLI Blog