Thread: Diffuse shading to fbx

Diffuse shading to fbx

I'm trying to fbx out models that need need to be pure color and not shaded by lights. The stuff is cartoon in nature. In LightWave I do this with 100 luminous 0 diffuse in the old layer system. That doesn't work for fbx.

Using diffuse shading in the node editor works too but that doesn't look to translate to fbx.

Is there an equivalent to get what I see in Layout to work for fbx viewer?
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

The only experience I have with lightwave and FBX is using it to go to Unity and back. And in that scenario materials are not compatible. Unity uses a shader-based material system where the options you have available and the complexity of the material depends on the shader you pick for your material. So in this case you'd need to use one of the textured unlit shaders to get the same effect as 100 lum 0 diff. What I'm getting at is that it might depend on where the FBX is going to be used, as every game engine and 3d software out there has a different material system.

TrueArt Support
    I set Luminosity 100% and Diffuse 0% on the all objects surfaces in Surface Editor, and tried File > Export > Export FBX in LW v11.0.3 32 bit and LW 2015.3 64 bit
    file was generated.
    Cleared scene.
    File > Load > Load Scene.. fbx file..
    And the all objects had Luminosity 100% and Diffuse 100% (!).. Not the one set by me 0%.

Turning off smoothing helped.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo