Thread: Use imported Score bugs with LiveText and Daktronics?

Use imported Score bugs with LiveText and Daktronics?

I'm new to Tricaster and LiveText so I am hoping somebody here will know the answer of share this experience.

Our plan is to have our Daktronic system feed LiveText the stats in our Baseball Operation.

I have a score bug with the bases and pitch count, outs, balls/stikes etc. that I made in Photoshop.

Can I import that flat image as a PNG into LiveText and designate the text fields and base/out areas for Daktronics to populate rather than designing it all from scratch in LiveText?

Yes. You can do most of that. Save out your image from Photoshop (minus the text fields and base icons) as a PNG. Then bring the PNG into LiveText. Create text layers for each of the Daktronics-fed items and set the font, color, etc. to whatever you had in Photoshop. Then right-click on each text layer and choose the correct DataLink variable for that information. For example, the home team's score will be something like %CGDakHomeScore% or maybe %CGDakHomeRuns%. Once those are set, LiveText will populate and update those fields with information from the scoreboard controller. I don't think you'll be able to get base runner icons from the Daktronics system though. You should be able to get the score, inning, outs, balls/strikes for sure.

Kris
    TriCaster: 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    CG: LiveText2 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5 (SDI & ATEM with Tactical Fiber)
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Thanks for the info!

In the past we used click effects and it took base info from Daktronics, so I feel as though it must be possible, unless it's a LiveText issue. If not, any other solutions to get bases in our graphic?

I checked the LiveText manual and I don't see any keys for the base indications. Could be just a limitation of the implementation. My scoreboard plugin supports manually controlling those on a standalone version of LiveText. I use my system in combination with the Daktronics system all the time. I use the Daktronics to do the scores, outs, strikes and inning number. I use my system to drive the base icons and the up/down indication for the top/bottom of the innings.

http://tofervision.com/software/ltscoreboards/

Kris

Same here. We use Dak for everything, except inning and bases, for which we use Kris' interface.

Gotcha.

So, LT Scoreboard will allow me to use my own artwork?

If you are a college and use StatCrew, you should check out my baseball app: https://suitecg.com/cgstatlink-lite-baseballsoftball/

You can use it to automate all of that information and output an XML file for LiveText to populate your own graphics.

In manual mode you can control all the game status elements as well as track runs by inning, plus hits and errors if you so desire.
    Zach Schuster
    SuiteCG- Sports Scoreboard and Stat Tools
    Tricaster 855/455
    Zeplay Instant Replay
    ScoreOCR
    Sony NX5U

Correct. It has some standard templates with it, but you are not locked in to that look. Anything you can build or import into LiveText should work fine.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by kltv View Post
    Correct. It has some standard templates with it, but you are not locked in to that look. Anything you can build or import into LiveText should work fine.

Kris
    Thanks.