Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Modo 11 going rental?

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Yep, and looks like BlackMagics Davinci Resolve is going to replace Adobe Premiere too. Inexpensive perpetual licenses.
    They've never charged for new versions. I still got my dongle from 2009 that came with Resolve 7 for the first time on Mac. I still keep updating, not paying a dime. It also works on both Mac and Windows.
    3D Modeler at Qvisten Animation
    i7 5960x, 128GB, GTX 1080, Windows 10

Just saw the Blackmagic release video... holy crap.. I didn't know they bought Fairlight, and included all the audio editing tools into DaVinci.. Buying it now. Bought Affinity as well.. no more reliance on Adobe. Bye bye Adobe. Hello Blackmagic Design. What a relief that I no longer have to hold on to Adobe. Had no idea that there was a tool out there this capable.
    Last edited by MichaelT; Yesterday at 03:03 AM.

Makes me wonder if a price reduction for Fusion is also on the cards. One day Fusion might become integrated with Resolve. If BM ever got hold of some "lesser" programs like Hexagon and Messiah, just imagine what they might do with them.

maybe, but (at least I) look at Nuke being its only real competitor, and that they already can provide license for 6 people, for a cost that is still lower than Nuke. But I sure hope so

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    Just saw the Blackmagic release video... holy crap.. I didn't know they bought Fairlight, and included all the audio editing tools into DaVinci.. Buying it now. Bought Affinity as well.. no more reliance on Adobe. Bye bye Adobe. Hello Blackmagic Design. What a relief that I no longer have to hold on to Adobe. Had no idea that there was a tool out there this capable.
    i was a keen supporter of adobe. But i really hated updateds and increased cost ... and never ending other annoyance.. so i left them .. affinity is really really good. helped me a lot.. also resolve will replace premiere and audition. may be hitfilm for after effects .. and done .. i WANT to have my software ...

modo? no comments ... lightwave is here .. they can come back ...

oh btw .. NT may sell LW to blackmagic design i do not mind AT ALL!
    Last edited by tyrot; Yesterday at 05:46 AM.

I never heard such a rumor that BM might acquire LW. Or was that a speculation on your part?

of course speculation )

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    of course speculation )
    Wouldn't that be nice. NT makes big bucks from their video stuff and even came out with a standard (NDI) but LW languishes in obscurity.

Totally OT, but as someone mentioned Hitfilm, is there any way to get LW's camera path into Hitfilm? I only ask as the Hitfilm/Davinci Resolve looks like a great thing. I already like Serif's offerings, though I haven't jumped ship from Adobe yet, still assessing the options. It looks like it's getting there though.
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i7-5960X OC@4.2GHz | 32Gb | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti + GeForce GTX 970 4Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Just throwing this out there, but Apple's FCPX, Motion, Compressor and Logic are perpetual licenses and cheap.
    IMO, FCPX is better than Premier. Compressor is better than Encoder at some things and vice versa. Motion is just different and can't be compared to AE. I've seen a ton of amazing things made with Motion.

Just another alternative to Adobe.

Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    Totally OT, but as someone mentioned Hitfilm, is there any way to get LW's camera path into Hitfilm? I only ask as the Hitfilm/Davinci Resolve looks like a great thing. I already like Serif's offerings, though I haven't jumped ship from Adobe yet, still assessing the options. It looks like it's getting there though.
    Yep, Jmation made one. You can find details here: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....tfilm-exporter

Quote Originally Posted by OlaHaldor View Post
    They've never charged for new versions. I still got my dongle from 2009 that came with Resolve 7 for the first time on Mac. I still keep updating, not paying a dime. It also works on both Mac and Windows.
    That's good to know. As mentioned earlier, I stopped upgrading Fusion after a couple of years of subscription with Eyeon because it was getting too expensive for me to maintain two licenses and six render nodes every year. Since unlimited render nodes are included and subscription is gone, I've decided to save up for the upgrade. (For one license anyway, I really don't need two anymore.) I haven't read anything new regarding the missing .avi support but I can deal with it until they fix that

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    Bought Affinity as well.. no more reliance on Adobe. Bye bye Adobe.
    I really like Affinity Photo & Designer. It's easier to use and makes more sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwyhart View Post
    I really like Affinity Photo & Designer. It's easier to use and makes more sense to me.
    how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Yep, Jmation made one. You can find details here: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....tfilm-exporter
    Thanks Parsons, that made the option easier. I'll have a look at the free version and no doubt upgrade if I like it - ideally I'd like the motion blur of the pro version.
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i7-5960X OC@4.2GHz | 32Gb | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti + GeForce GTX 970 4Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678