Thread: Update TCXD Audio iPad App for Advanced Edition 2

Update TCXD Audio iPad App for Advanced Edition 2

Having a remote interface to the TriCaster audio mixer is really nice, and we've used the app for iPad for years -- and it's never been updated in all the years I've used it.

It still worked well with Advanced Edition 1, but now that we've updated to Adv. Ed. 2, it's pretty broken. Most of the sliders do work, although some don't reflect changes made on the TriCaster itself (causing a big audio dip since some default to zero). Other sliders just don't do anything that I can tell.

Please update this app! It's so useful.

Thank you!

[The following suggestions are completely UNSUPPORTED, please do NOT call NewTek support if you have issues!!!]

Here is an option to control the latest TriCaster AE2 models from your iPad. You can download the Windows Eucon software and the iOS PT|Control app from Avid which will allow you to control the TriCaster audio mixer. This is all free.

Eucon: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/c...ontrol-Support
    PT Control: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pro-...017075761?mt=8
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks for that info Kane. I've never heard of EUCON. I can't tell if it's an Avid thing or a third-party standard. Do you know?

Will the TriCaster complain about this software being installed on it?

I'm not sure if I can download it. I created an Avid account, but I don't have any subscriptions, so I'm not seeing any downloads. Maybe I need to get the app first?

I'd still prefer an official TC audio mixer app from Newtek. Extra software from third-parties can be troublesome with system upgrades.

EUCON is from Avid and is the software/driver that you use with the Avid Artist Mix interface (this hardware interface is supported by NewTek). It is a whitelisted app for the TriCaster and will not cause a warning message to come up.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Great! Thanks for that info!

I have it running -- I think. Should I see levels on the app? I can control the sliders (and they're all named correctly) but I'm not seeing the audio levels in the app (like I do using the NewTek app).

Meter don't appear to work for me either. I'll also say that some buttons on the PT Control interface will break the connection between the app and TriCaster with the only way to restore it by restarting. It not perfect, but allows some basic audio control over the system.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Gotcha. The app locked up on me at one point, and then I didn't have any control when it came back. So, it looks interesting, but I don't think it's going to work for a live show.

So, regarding the NewTek audio mixer app, will this thread move the needle on getting it updated? Should I open a bug report?

Thank you!