Thread: TC350 / Tricaster Studio and PTZ cameras

TC350 / Tricaster Studio and PTZ cameras

Hi, I wanted to see how people are controlling PTZ cameras on a Tricaster Studio.

I have 4 Canon PTZ cameras.

On the older version of VT4 (I think it was) we could control the cameras from the keyboard
    in the middle of a live session.

Any tips on how to do this on the TC350?

Thanks,

IS

Camera switching via the keyboard is supported on pretty much any TriCaster (details on the keyboard shortcuts will be in the manual). However, I don't think any of the standard definition TriCasters, nor VT before them, offered an PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) control via the keyboard or any other native means - but maybe that's not what you meant ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Camera switching via the keyboard is supported on pretty much any TriCaster (details on the keyboard shortcuts will be in the manual). However, I don't think any of the standard definition TriCasters, nor VT before them, offered an PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) control via the keyboard or any other native means - but maybe that's not what you meant ...
    Well I know it was possible with VT4 or 5. We were using a Rushworks system with NewTek software and IO board.
    The Canon PTZ cameras were controlled from the VT# system and you selected the camera on preview and then used the number keys
    to pan tilt or create a preset. The cameras were plugged in using USB to an RS232 4 port unit.

Just trying to figure out how it do it on a STUDIO (running 2.5).

PTZ works well on the 460, but there is an older system we are trying to get running now that the older VT system is dead.

Thanks for any tips.

I do not believe there was any native support for PTZ control in VT (and version). Someone with a better memory than me may recall what third part alternatives may have been available.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")