Thread: Controlling Hypervoxel placement with Texture maps

Newbie Member

Controlling Hypervoxel placement with Texture maps

I have an object from Poser with a UV map. I want to block hypervoxels (either using Dissolve or reducing Particle Size to zero.) If I put a Planar Map in the Texture Editor for Dissolve, I can block the hypervoxels in certain areas. But I've already got the nice Poser UV map and a Poser UVs selection for UV Projection and a map. BUT it doesn't seem to work for the Poser UV. Is there a trick to getting it to use the Poser UV map as the texture for dissolving the hypervoxel?

As I said, Planar mapping works here, so the hypervoxels can be shut off in spots.

I just tried a model / human with UV and it doesn't work either. I guess weights or keep the planar map.. too bad.. because if it UV'd and deformed with the object would be fun! Too many limits with old school Hypervoxels.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine001 View Post
    I have an object from Poser with a UV map. I want to block hypervoxels (either using Dissolve or reducing Particle Size to zero.) If I put a Planar Map in the Texture Editor for Dissolve, I can block the hypervoxels in certain areas. But I've already got the nice Poser UV map and a Poser UVs selection for UV Projection and a map. BUT it doesn't seem to work for the Poser UV. Is there a trick to getting it to use the Poser UV map as the texture for dissolving the hypervoxel?

As I said, Planar mapping works here, so the hypervoxels can be shut off in spots.
    You most likely need to weight paint it.
    And activate the map in the displacement tab...select the right map there and then add a weight gradient I the tab..In the proper channel.

Hereīs some screenshots of my too short description above, you can use a uv map and convert it to weightmap and use that weightmap in layout and in the particle size channel for instance to drive the placement of voxels, so it is in fact derived from the uv map.
    You need to go to texture point map(there is also map/weights/uv to weight) and apply a new weight map based on the uv map...so that is what I did for these images, the uv to weight didnīt work in this case when I was doing ..have to check up on that.
    Note that once you activate hv on the horse object, it will place the hv particle option in the displacement tab, you also need to click or doubleclick on it to get the set particle tabs shown, then you check set particle size and use that drop down list in the weight vmap and select the weight map name you had set for your object once you created the weightmap.
    Then in the hv tab ..in this case the particle size, add a particle weight gradient, and it will automaticly use the weightmap you selected in the displacement tab.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	modeler uv To weight.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	346.3 KB 
ID:	136329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layout hv particle weight.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	136330