Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Bone Chains

Isnīt it unnecessary to go to edge to poly? why not just copy and paste the edge to another layer and then setup/convert to skelegons, so it is free to pose from there.
    could/should work, but found this to be cleaner/better for preview. multiple ways.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   FogBugz   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

could/should work, but found this to be cleaner/better for preview. multiple ways.
    It works!

And you can also use the line pen to rough out a structure, select edges and use artpsheres divide edge on that to specify divisions, which ultimately specifys how many bones after it first has been converted to skelegons.
    And if using a spline do draw in modeler, and you know itīs gonna be a lot of bones, you could re-edit with path divider on the spline, then convert to skelegons...no need to copy and paste edges at all, path divider lets you set or slide a value of desired divisions...back and forth.

yeah, i wish i had more time to look into it.

i'll link this page for future thoughs   :)

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yeah, i wish i had more time to look into it.

i'll link this page for future thoughs   :)
    Iīll try to record something the upcoming weekend, and with voice probably to make it easier to follow..or not I need to train my oral english skills, so itīs one way to get started.

the more the merrier i say,

i appreciate all LW vidz i can get, and i know many other also do.   :)

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    ??? Generally, since it's a very general question, I'd create long bone chains in Modeler, as Skelegons or Splines -- there's a "Spline To Skelegon" script isn't there?
    Yep..drawing splines works, but spline to skelegon isnīt correct, you simply go to setup and use convert skelegons, the command name is make skelegons, but in the modeler menu it is called convert skelegons, the spline curve needs nothing else than clicking on that convert to skelegons button under setup/skelegons.

Also to note..It could be interesting, if you draw a spline with spline draw, you could enter strand tool, hit numeric and check all knots, then you can repose the spline curve with the ik sort of movement, but do not try to add knots in a spline curve, it will create extended curve as straight chains.

You could also use strand tool on skelegons to pose...hair skelegons for instance.

Here are 3 versions of RebilHills code posted on page 1.
    Thank you Rebel for the code

They are just quick scripts and I've made x10, x25 and x50 versions ( see the zip attached )
    They can be adjusted according to how many bones you want by editing the 'number' in the script.

Hope they are useful to you as they are for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......ŦŦ go on, click on a link!

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by daforum View Post
    Here are 3 versions of RebilHills code posted on page 1.
    Thank you Rebel for the code

They are just quick scripts and I've made x10, x25 and x50 versions ( see the zip attached )
    They can be adjusted according to how many bones you want by editing the 'number' in the script.
    Nice!

+++++

I'm curious: what task are you doing that just requires random bone chains extending, I guess, from the last bone selected?
    Last edited by jeric_synergy; 03-22-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Probably a bit off topic, but may be interesting..if some of you havenīt seen it before, it would be great if Any tube, or structure ..could create a skeleton chain based on the shape direction and a center structure, like dp_tree verdure pack, in dp tree..you just have to create the tree with polygon or subd mode, and then switch to another layer, create the tree again with the same branch settings, but in line mode, then itīs just a matter of converting it at once with convert skelegons, paste back to the same layer as the polymesh tree, send to layout and convert skelegons to bone, add ik booster and pose the tree.

Would be great if there was a plugin to run a center line structure insdide a mesh like a character or armature on any figure/mesh, without actually having to draw it yourself.

The part where I do the tree line skelegons is shown later in the vid at around..0:50

yes, i often miss functions like that, functions that keep or creates polychains in the center of an object.

it's yet another feature to add, so doubt we will see it   :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12