Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Accessing keys of a Curve Node

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Diepgroen View Post
    You are almost there, man! You got at least the Camera.Position.X to work. If you are not reaching the value of the curve node is because of a typo in the name. Because you are putting the literal name yourself it might be incorrect somehow. Don't know for sure. But looking at the image i posted before there is a double dot (..) in the name.

    Might that be causing trouble?
    I tried the wildest combinations , some made Layout crash but still nothing. GE_AttachExpression should take Channel ID as a parameter which I have but that doesn't work either.

    edit:
    Only GE_CreateExpression works. AttachExpression doesn't.
    Last edited by bazsa73; Yesterday at 11:39 AM.

  2. #17
    Registered User Diepgroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by bazsa73 View Post
    I tried the wildest combinations , some made Layout crash but still nothing. GE_AttachExpression should take Channel ID as a parameter which I have but that doesn't work either.

    edit:
    Only GE_CreateExpression works. AttachExpression doesn't.
    You might be right, maybe it's something not obvious at all. One thing is clear you have a few variables to account for: sname, sexpression, schannelname, sexpressionname, xchannelid, 5 of them. tricky

  3. #18
    Registered User Diepgroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by bazsa73 View Post
    GE_AttachExpression should take Channel ID as a parameter
    Wait GE_AttachExpression should only take schannelname sexpressionname, not the id

  4. #19
    I try it with a different object with a simpler name. Must exist a some solution to it.

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Diepgroen View Post
    Wait GE_AttachExpression should only take schannelname sexpressionname, not the id
    https://books.google.hu/books?id=czr...ession&f=false
    looky, on page 537 the note with small typo, the author explains smg about "" charactert, but is it still valid in python?

  6. #21
    Registered User Diepgroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by bazsa73 View Post
    https://books.google.hu/books?id=czr...ession&f=false
    looky, on page 537 the note with small typo, the author explains smg about "" charactert, but is it still valid in python?

    Thank you for confusing me further with LScript I think you found what's causing the error. Spaces!!!! You are not using spaces in your GE_Create, but you do use spaces in your GE_Attach. which surely is the source.
    What I can see is that strExp (book example) is a string variable with spaces in it. And the autor does say if expressions, names and channelnames have spaces use double quote characters. How this translates to Python i don't really know.

    What your actually doing i think is this (GE_AttachExpression schannelname badvariable badvariable sexpressionname) if i compare Your "PalaceWindowsOnly:Layer2.Curve (1).Alpha.Key (1).Pos" it has 2 spaces in Curve (1) and Key (1). Could that be the problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •