Just looking for a bit of advice on CDN options and wondering if anyone can help? The vast majority of the streaming projects I’ve worked on recently have been to Facebook Live or YouTube, but this is a legacy streaming job I need a new solution for!
Here’s the current set up:
- I’ve done a regular live stream for a client for 3-4 years now and always used the Original Livestream platform for this.
- The main reason being that I’m able to run a holding video from my Livestream Original account on a loop that shows details of the broadcast for a week or two before the live event itself. This holding video is embedded on my client’s website (white labelled) and when I go live from my TriCaster 460, it goes live on their site and then goes back to a looping video when the broadcast is done = happy client
- My experience in working with Livestream has not been good recently to put it mildly
- Livestream are no longer offering any support for the original platform and it’s getting so bad that I need to find an alternative as streaming can be stressful enough without your CDN misbehaving
- I’m almost certain their newer platform doesn’t allow you to play a looping video before going live and even if it did, for this job (twice a year) my client won’t pay a big annual fee
- I need to therefore find a new CDN that allows for white labelled embedding of not only the live stream, but a looping pre-recorded video that ideally has a monthly subscription model
If any of you know of any solutions out there that might fit the bill, I’d love to hear them!