Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modeler/Layout sync?

hi,

you probably have not changed configs but delete those and retry.

also, I am sure you are aware you can put -0 in the configs after the content path custom path, if yo have it to disable the hub.
    If you do that, then modeller and layout will sync upon save of the object. Layout reloads it.
    example:

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave_2015.3\bin\Layout.exe" -c"C:\your directory path here\configs" -0

try that and see if better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    My personal feeling is that the sync between modeler & layout is very unstable. Sometimes it syncs perfectly without saving and sometimes I need saving and sometimes it doesn't sync at all.
    Agreed. Communication between Modeler and Layout via the Hub is flaky and totally unreliable.

I've witnessed many times over many years and many versions of LW the lack of solid communication via the Hub messing up changes done to a model. In fact I had an instance of this happening today. For example: having changed a model in Modeler, saved it, synchronised the model with Layout, then switched over to Layout and made some minor tweaks (say to an animation), then done a "save all", I've found that upon reloading that very same saved scene the damned model has lost all the changes that were made to it previously. It's as though the save (model) functionality is saving an out of date version of the model from some temporary buffer.

Also, as has been noted several times in other threads, having VPR running in Layout significantly increases the probability of either Layout or Modeler or both fatally crashing when switching between the two applications.

Whoever tested the functionality of the Hub and its communication with Modeler/Layout needs stringing up!
    iemedia solutions:
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel
    Scavengers SciFi novel:
    Amazon UK
    Amazon USA

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inkpen3d View Post
    ...Whoever tested the functionality of the Hub and its communication with Modeler/Layout needs stringing up!
    I suspect they died long ago of old age...
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Lol
    iemedia solutions:
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel
    Scavengers SciFi novel:
    Amazon UK
    Amazon USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12