Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Up ob

Quote Originally Posted by drako View Post
    Steve i mail you my log file.Cheers.
    Hey drako,

I never received any email from you. But if you look at the log file it probably says it could not create the Flex library. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    A bit critical bug
    My objects keep getting deleted in the scene the more I do a save.
    Probably has something to do with UP_fluid_surface_holder

Scene attached.
    The squirtgun settings and item list aren't saved when closing and opening the scene.

The preset settings are retained but the name reverts to Gooey even if the settings are for watery.
    Duh. Looking at my code I can see why that's happening. I'm going to wait a day and then gather all the bug reports and the make a new version with the fixes. Nothing I've received so far is difficult to fix.

Thanks for the reports

creacon
    Steve,

are you using Flex 1.1.0?
    Haven't got the time to test it myself, but I was wondering what this meant:

"Add support for DirectX, in addition to CUDA there is now a cross platform DirectX 11 and 12 version of the Flex libraries that Windows applications can link against"
    Is that AMD/ATI support?

creacon

Quote Originally Posted by creacon View Post
    Steve,

are you using Flex 1.1.0?
    Haven't got the time to test it myself, but I was wondering what this meant:

"Add support for DirectX, in addition to CUDA there is now a cross platform DirectX 11 and 12 version of the Flex libraries that Windows applications can link against"
    Is that AMD/ATI support?

creacon
    Yes, I switched over to Flex 1.1 the day it came out. I had to pretty much throw out everything I had already done unfortunately. I tried the DirectX version first since I could't get the CUDA version to run out of the box. The DirectX version is a bit slower naturally but yes it means AMD support. I plan to add it before the final release of UP

Is the particle item type able to interact with rigid items or only fluids?
    I set a chair to particle type and a plane to static(rigid) type and wanted to hit the chair with a gun but the chair falls down and passes through the plane before it gets hit with the water.

The video looks like the particle is interacting with the water but maybe not the rigid container?

Is the particle item type able to interact with rigid items or only fluids?
    I set a chair to particle type and a plane to static(rigid) type and wanted to hit the chair with a gun but the chair falls down and passes through the plane before it gets hit with the water.

The video looks like the particle is interacting with the water but maybe not the rigid container?
    Particle bodies should interact with rigid bodies and fluids but the particle body types are not really ready to use yet. This was just a simple test to see if the basic code was working. I'm fixing all the bugs I know of right now and then will do the official start of the open beta. Once that's going, I'll get back and finish this off.

Ok cool! So rubber ducky floating on a tub and getting affected by water is possible with Up.
    This is an awesome feature.

A temporary workaround for the items getting deleted in layout is just create a bunch of nulls and then before you save, make sure a null is selected. That null will get deleted.

How does the delay parameter work? Doesn't seem to affect anything even setting it to 1000.
    Would be great if there was a start frame parameter so we can have a starting point either - or + for simulations to start calculating like lightwave dynamics.
    Its always starting at frame 0 but my scene would like to have fluids at some other point in time.

How does the delay parameter work? Doesn't seem to affect anything even setting it to 1000.
    Would be great if there was a start frame parameter so we can have a starting point either - or + for simulations to start calculating like lightwave dynamics.
    Its always starting at frame 0 but my scene would like to have fluids at some other point in time.
    It doesn't work at all at the moment. I originally added it to control the flow in order to do something like a dripping faucet but I ran into some implementation problems and kinda forgot about it.

Adding a start frame would be easy so maybe I'll remove Delay and add that instead.

I'm sending you a PM now too

Hurley... will there be FILL volume kind of emitter/solver? so that we can already have bottle of liquid that pour in glass for example...
    Last edited by mav3rick; 03-27-2017 at 05:54 AM.
    new web page up www.null.hr

Quote Originally Posted by mav3rick View Post
    Hurley... will there be FILL volume kind of emitter/solver? so that we can already have bottle of liquid that pour in glass for example...

A very good point..... mon brav!

Here's some dumb questions for you Hurley!

1. How does Flex handle high viscosity fluids? I mean really thick sludge type stuff.

2. How sticky can you make the fluid? Example, like throwing a bucket of paint on the wall. A lot of the paint will drip down, but you're got a permanent stain on the wall. Can we make it that sticky?

3. This one is kind of out there so no worry if you can't do it but...

There was a plugin for Real Flow that allowed you to cover a piece of geometry with a thin layer of particles, like only 1 or 2 particles deep. Anything like that in the works?

Thanks,

Anyone wanting more information on the Flex software Steve is using to develop UP, there is a cool demo you can download on the Nvidia webpage. I would guess what to expect from the plugin would be close to some of these examples, all though it would be interesting to know how much customisation you can add.

i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

by looking flex examples i can see fill volume fluids in action

https://youtu.be/ktVmLJ5i4NY?t=62 poked baloons of water (soft fx+fill volume fluids)

https://youtu.be/ktVmLJ5i4NY?t=37 - watter rabbits splash.....

and another interesting feature... different viscosity fluids interaction
    https://youtu.be/1o0Nuq71gI4?t=94
    new web page up www.null.hr

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast