Thread: Skype logo

Skype logo

Hello,

i need to know if is possible to remove the skype logo from output?

kind regards

Salvatore

On TalkShow the Skype logo can be controlled, you can remove it or position it in a different location on the screen. You should be aware of the Skype Broadcast Guidelines when using Skype and the logo requirements.

http://www.skype.com/content/dam/sco...lines_v1.2.zip
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    On TalkShow the Skype logo can be controlled, you can remove it or position it in a different location on the screen. You should be aware of the Skype Broadcast Guidelines when using Skype and the logo requirements.

http://www.skype.com/content/dam/sco...lines_v1.2.zip
    Hi

many thanks for your support.

regards

I read the guidelines which are very specific. I did not see anything which says that the user must use the Skype logo. Microsoft seems to provide guidance on how to use the logo.

I am jaded enough that I can't believe microsoft is generous enough to let me use their multi million dollar Skype infrastructure without the Skype logo.

I notice that Fox and several other users of Skype TX don't show the logo.

Please help me out. Did i miss some legal warning or am I actually free to not credit Skype. It seems like the practice is to not credit Skype. That is what I want to do if I am not going to get into some legal hassle with microsoft.

Rob

My understanding of the rules is that you either must use the Skype logo OR if you the logo is removed, you must make an audible statement that you are using Skype. Skype must also be used as a noun, not as a verb.

For example.

Okay:
    Using Skype we are going to talk with Kane Peterson about his favorite computer.

Not okay:
    We are Skyping with Kane Peterson to talk about his favorite computer.

BTW, Amiga is my favorite computer.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.