Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurleyworrks Nvidia Flex engine inside Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by Norka View Post
    Aaaaaaahhhhhh! Thank you thank you!
    No prob.! Hope it works! Enjoy.. Hurley did an amazing job!

Kudos to the developers of nvidia flex UP, good of you guys to make sure there is an installation vid, along with installation notes in the read me files an links to those vids in that.
    Though unfortunatly my installation was crashing, both on lw 11.6.3 and lw 2015 64 bit, it happened when trying to configure the menus, it may be due to very old nvidia drivers though, will have to change.

And it is looking fast and impressive really, and if that price tag is what is valid, then I think I will reconsider my stubborness and invest anyway, though I said I won´t until I see what´s in the next Lightwave release, from what Ivé seen in the presentations, I also like the UI and how fast you can get going.

Hurleyworks have really started to grow with this flex UP, the remesher which will also be interesting, and advanced placement etc.
    Just need to figure out how you would approach an oil spill flowing along with a fire and smoke simulation flowing from that, if you simply could use the fluid particles to drive the velocity and birth of the turbulenceFD, either directly or by converting the flex particles to lw particles or something.

Visualization FreeLance THIBAULT's Avatar
    Do you think we can have foam one day with this plugins ?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Kudos to the developers of nvidia flex UP, good of you guys to make sure there is an installation vid, along with installation notes in the read me files an links to those vids in that.
    Though unfortunatly my installation was crashing, both on lw 11.6.3 and lw 2015 64 bit, it happened when trying to configure the menus, it may be due to very old nvidia drivers though, will have to change.
    I had the same problem. New nvidia drivers solved the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by hurley View Post
    Sorry John, I can't make a Mac version until NVIDIA makes a Mac compatible version of Flex. So at this point I'm not even planning a Mac version.
    Crud, I'm on a Mac too. Thanks for answering the question hurley. Still keeping my fingers crossed though.

Quote Originally Posted by THIBAULT View Post
    Do you think we can have foam one day with this plugins ?
    If Hurley make modules for every feature included in FLEX then there should be possible for foam and alot of other cool stuff like smoke etc...
    Take a look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o0Nuq71gI4

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    And it is looking fast and impressive really, and if that price tag is what is valid, then I think I will reconsider my stubborness and invest anyway

$75 is a no brainer if you do fluid projects.
    Think about it 75 + $20-50 for each module Hurley adds. The price is very competitive to whats available out there not just lw.
    There's almost no learning curve if you know fluids. It takes 20 minutes to produce something with the demo. I spent a couple of days in blender and a few weeks to get decent results and I still hate doing it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Reco View Post
    I would love to see the final rendered animation

Reco
    Vpr render, front projection crap photo on box mesh.

wine to water

it looks cool except beginning when water hits wall it looks odd.. kind of it start climbing on walls .....
    new web page up www.null.hr

Very nice and absolutely promising.

Reco

Quote Originally Posted by mav3rick View Post
    it looks cool except beginning when water hits wall it looks odd.. kind of it start climbing on walls .....
    It was intentional. Adhesion and dynamic friction would need to be higher if you don't want too much splattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    I had the same problem. New nvidia drivers solved the crash.
    Thanks for that feedback, need to update them as soon as possible.

I'd love to be able to manually set where LWO sequences get baked to. I do not use standard content directory workflow. Actually, I'll be very frustrated without this feature.
    Last edited by Norka; 03-21-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norka View Post
    I'd love to be able to manually set where LWO sequences get baked to. I do not use standard content directory workflow. Actually, I'll be very frustrated without this feature.
    How's your content directory setup? Mine is just per project so it doesn't really matter much. Up saves it in the Object folder of my project.

Hurley... for some reason .dll's from DEMO version corrupt LW config file on every startup.. after removing .dlls lw is back to normal. weird
    new web page up www.null.hr

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast