Thread: OSX NDI for Adobe Creative Cloud released!

OSX NDI for Adobe Creative Cloud released!

Mac users rejoice! OSX NDI for Adobe Creative Cloud has been released!

http://newtek.com/ndi/tools#download-tools
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

The OSX NDI appears to grab control of Premiere CC audio outputs. Once you've mapped the audio output to NDI in the Audio Hardware tab, you can't set it back to Adobe Desktop Audio. The only option I've found to get back to a normal state is to reboot Premiere and clear preferences. Also, there doesn't appear to be a way to play audio locally when sending audio out over NDI. You can watch your timeline video on a local monitor, but you can't hear your audio. It's only playing in the Tricaster.

So glad this came out, but I wasn't aware you released a Mac version until about a month ago. I even asked some NewTek reps recently about it and they said they had no plans for a Mac version. But it exists, so hooray!

Been testing it for a bit, my only issue with it is the disparity in quality between a still image and video playback - even though the video looks quite nice in Premiere already. The NDI plugin seems to scale or otherwise process the image in a very ugly way - lots of macroblocks and jagged edges.
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd

You don't have Premiere set to lower quality scaling for playback? If you do, then that is what NDI will have to work with coming out of Premiere.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.