Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LWRemodeler

Already have 3dCoat for retopo.... But, at this price and the fact that I like to support indy devs; BOUGHT!

:-)

-Adrian

Same here but always happy to support indie developers like Steve
    Alienware M18XR2 (18.4" Screen)
    Intel i7 3630 2.4GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce 660M x 2
    750GB HDD, 32GB SSD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2015.3

Heavy as hell but a little powerhouse.

Have ZBrush and 3DCoat and bought LWRemodeler, too. It's just too cool! Besides, I'm a sucker for 1/2 price software sales.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Yeah, very nice introductory discount, thanks Steve.
    www.lewis.tomsoft.hr
    Home WS i7 Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/2x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080
    Work WS-i7 3930K/32GB/Win7x64/660GTX

My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Hey, thanks for all the support guys. The LWRemodeler launch was a great success ...

Now thing are going to get a bit gooey over here.

Looks good Steve, so another fluid sim for LW then.
    Alienware M18XR2 (18.4" Screen)
    Intel i7 3630 2.4GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce 660M x 2
    750GB HDD, 32GB SSD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2015.3

Heavy as hell but a little powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Looks good Steve, so another fluid sim for LW then.
    Nope. I have no intention of making another full fledged fluid simulator for LW. I am exploring the possibility of making a bunch of simple, artist friendly, low cost, one-trick-pony type tools for LW, using NVIDIA's Flex.

creacon
    Great,

now I don't have to do this, since I don't have the time anyway. :-)
    Did you superimpose your own OpenGL view on top of the Layout view or did you hack LW? :-)

creacon

Quote Originally Posted by hurley View Post
    Hey, thanks for all the support guys. The LWRemodeler launch was a great success ...

Now thing are going to get a bit gooey over here.

creacon
    And another thing, if you are using your own Viewport, is it an Option to Replace OpenGL with Vulkan?

creacon

Quote Originally Posted by creacon View Post
    Great,

now I don't have to do this, since I don't have the time anyway. :-)
    Did you superimpose your own OpenGL view on top of the Layout view or did you hack LW? :-)

creacon

Nope. I have no intention of making another full fledged fluid simulator for LW. I am exploring the possibility of making a bunch of simple, artist friendly, low cost, one-trick-pony type tools for LW, using NVIDIA's Flex.
    why not make one full loaded physix based engine for lw that will have softbody, hardbody, fluids, particles, constrains etc....
    advance placement have good foundation ... now it can be expanded with all other physix supported stuff..... i would be glad to have complete solution... bullet is still limited and i dont like it doesnt work with rest of lw
    new web page up www.null.hr

Bought the LWRemodeler too... after watching Steve' s videos, I was surprised how much faster it is on my machine.
    Maybe recording whilst showing it off slows it down, but I retopo'd a 2million poly mesh and it does it in a few seconds.

Even drawing strokes on the mesh was pretty quick. I will still use 3dCoat as well, but love the integration of this opensource stuff into LightWave.

Steve, are you going to do something with the Nvidia Hair stuff too? That would make me VERY happy indeed! Especially if we could render using their shaders, and simulate with their speedy engine.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Just rendering into LW's viewport and making sure I leave it in the same state when I'm done. You can see there's 2 render mode in the interface that you can toggle between. One for rendering using Flex which uses CUDA and one for rendeing in LW. There will not be a Mac version unfortunately since Flex does not work on the Mac

Here's another simple example that uses cloth. Still haven't figured out how I'm going to get Flex solved data back to LW.

And another thing, if you are using your own Viewport, is it an Option to Replace OpenGL with Vulkan?
    Nope, no Vulkan

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Bought the LWRemodeler too... after watching Steve' s videos, I was surprised how much faster it is on my machine.
    Maybe recording whilst showing it off slows it down, but I retopo'd a 2million poly mesh and it does it in a few seconds.

Even drawing strokes on the mesh was pretty quick. I will still use 3dCoat as well, but love the integration of this opensource stuff into LightWave.

Steve, are you going to do something with the Nvidia Hair stuff too? That would make me VERY happy indeed! Especially if we could render using their shaders, and simulate with their speedy engine.
    I make the videos on an old laptop and I have to use the integrated graphics processor instead of my NVIDIA card because the screen capture software won't work otherwise. Haven't looked a NVIDIA hair yet but it's a possibility as soon as the days become 36 hours long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mav3rick View Post
    why not make one full loaded physix based engine for lw that will have softbody, hardbody, fluids, particles, constrains etc....
    advance placement have good foundation ... now it can be expanded with all other physix supported stuff..... i would be glad to have complete solution... bullet is still limited and i dont like it doesnt work with rest of lw
    And spend another 3 years making $2/hour. I don't think so.

I make the videos on an old laptop and I have to use the integrated graphics processor instead of my NVIDIA card because the screen capture software won't work otherwise. Haven't looked a NVIDIA hair yet but it's a possibility as soon as the days become 36 hours long.
    EDIT: forgot to mention. Could you not use the MSI Afterburner tool to grab your graphics card stream? That's what we use at work. You don't need to have an MSI card to use it either. https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner (Not 100% sure it still does capturing, but it used to.

I won't hold my breath then... but here's the stuff on NVidia Hairworks, although I'm sure you've seen it already. https://developer.nvidia.com/hairworks

And spend another 3 years making $2/hour. I don't think so.
    Oh no, has that been your return from the Advanced Placement tool? Sorry... I hope your LW development continues though Steve, your tools are cool.
    I definitely see the value of Advanced Placement, just that I don't currently need it I guess.
    Last edited by lardbros; 02-16-2017 at 08:05 AM.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast