Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tags in Livetext for Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    It looks to me like you are using the integrated version of LiveText, which does not show DataLink keys in the menu the way the standalone version does (the standalone manual describes the use of DataLink, but the integrated version manual does not).
    That's weird since this comes from the Automation and Integration Manual: Once you have a supported device successfully connected and configured, the drop-down key insertion menu in LiveText’s canvas will list valid key names for that device

So the only way to insert valid Datalink/Daktronics keys would be to add text to the graphic in LT, then go into the quick-edit within the Media Players and change the text to the Datalink key? Or... create everything on an external LT system and export the graphics to the Tricaster, although I still had to go in and enter the Datalink Text Keys in the Media Player quick-edit for those graphics.
    Last edited by ASD20; 03-27-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Though it may not be clear in context, that's referring to the standalone version of LT, since the integrated version has no access to DataLink.

There is some good news, though. LT 3 was updated based on things that came up in this conversation. I believe it will now properly handle DataLink keys that you manually enter in title pages for export.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Though it may not be clear in context, that's referring to the standalone version of LT, since the integrated version has no access to DataLink.

There is some good news, though. LT 3 was updated based on things that came up in this conversation. I believe it will now properly handle DataLink keys that you manually enter in title pages for export.
    I appreciate the response Steve. Any idea if you can update LT without having to deactivate the registration and activate it on the new install via support?

Well, as soon as I say this, something will go wrong, but generally you can just run an update installer and it will take care of everything for you.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12