Thread: Talkshow VS 4000 NDI

Talkshow VS 4000 NDI

Hi,

1 - Is the talkshow VS 4000 NDI compatible with Vmix via NDI?

2 - If yes, does it apply to being able to send back a return feed as well?

Thanks

The VS4000 will take NDI in and out for all four channels. While I've not personally tried it with vMix, there is no reason it shouldn't work as all NDI software is compatible with either other.

The thing to have planned out with TalkShow (or any remote client call in solution) is to know how you will create all of your mix-minus channels.
    Last edited by kanep; 01-13-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Well funny that you mention the mix minus situation with the 4000. Got the minus working for one skype computer. (one channel) Any tips on the 4 channel 4000?

Quote Originally Posted by gegillam View Post
    Any tips on the 4 channel 4000?
    Are you connecting it to a TriCaster?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

If it is a TriCaster, I would first highly recommend that it is running Advanced Edition 2 software. In this setup, what I do is set on output to be a return feed from the TriCaster to the VS4000. In that one return feed, I use all four audio channels, each channel is a mix-minus to each caller (channel 1 for caller 1, channel 2 for caller 2, etc).

On the TriCaster:
    Coming out of the VS4000, each caller is an input into your TriCaster. In the audio mixer, in the AUX you are going to use, set audio IN 1, to go out all of the channels except your channel (caller 1 audio would go out 2, 3 and 4 while caller 2 audio would go out 1, 3 and 4).

On the TalkShow VS4000:
    Use the same input for all four callers, just MUTE the audio channels that aren't for that caller (ie, caller 1, mute audio channels 2, 3, 4 for caller 2, mute 1, 3, 4, etc).

The below picture should help show how you set this up. INPUT 9 and INPUT 10 are two Skype callers coming in (expand the same idea for 4 Skype callers if needed). The window on the right shows that I'm using the AUX3 audio mix on OUTPUT 3 of the system. I can either take this as SDI or NDI back to the VS4000.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AE2 Mix Minus setup.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	682.7 KB 
ID:	136151
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Ok, you've got the easy part done. Now help us (ME) figure out how to get the studio hosts into each of the mixes. It's driving me crazy!

How to set up mix-minus for VS4000 (4 callers) using a single AUX mix in TC (with AE) - https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...-audio-routing

For vMix users, just checked the user guide and it appears you will have 3 audio mixes - M, A, B (Master, Aux A, Aux B) so you have a little bit of options for mix-minus, not as robust as TC AE though. https://www.vmix.com/help19/

For gegillam specifically, are you working with vMix or TriCaster? What model TC if so?

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: PTZ Optics 20x SDI

On a TriCaster, you would want to route the audio input of the hosts into all four outputs. Like in the picture above, just vertically check all four check boxes in the 1 IN.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.