Thread: New Follow Preview button functionatlity for PREVIZ?

New Follow Preview button functionatlity for PREVIZ?

Hi
    I could use a little help with this.

What does this do exactly... I can't seem to get it to do anything on our newly advanced 8000 running the latest edition of AE 2.

The Manual Says
    "press FOLLOW PVW in the M/E Delegate to delegate the M/E rows to
    PREVIZ"

But this is not acting as expected.

Is there a way to control the M/E on previz with the joystick?

Thanks

Mike

Hello, Mike. This was updated, so that the Follow Preview button now does what it always did, but adding SHIFT to it delegates Previz. The manual had been updated to explain this, but somehow or other the update did not get included in the installer. Any build after about the 15th of December should be correct (I sincerely hope!)

Sorry about the confusion.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Oh okay.. thanks Steve. That is actually good news ...I do like the change since I've been teaching the follow preview button for a long time.

Delegating the Previz so M/E rows and joystick is controlling PREVIZ is exactly what I'd like to do. The SHIFT selecting the button did seem to do something but I didn't get it to work in my quick tests before I left. I've also noticed quite a few other changes in AE 2 since I last used an earlier version. In playing briefly with M/E and delegates I noticed there are certain times where it automatically hide the M/E section for you, which I found strange.

I'll check this out first thing tomorrow.

This is working as expected, except the joystick will not control the Previz as you would think and clearly want. Pressing Shift and the follow button does delegate it and the whole M/E section then does control Previz.. just not the joystick. Hopefully this can be confirmed and fixed.

It doesn't seem like there is any times where the M/E section will automatically hide when pressing an M/E delegate. It does hide when you press shift+follow preview button again after its already delegated to previz.. I guess thats what I was thinking of.

The tab behavior you are seeing is expected, similar to clicking an already open tab. Could you submit a Fogbugz case on the joystick issue? It should work. Thanks.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

All is well. I think it was all user error, not sure what was going... a million things to do and not enough time sitting down at the Tricaster yet. Thanks Steve.

Thanks for letting us know it all worked out well.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator