Thread: Explanation of audio-outs, TC 8000 AE2?

Explanation of audio-outs, TC 8000 AE2?

We just got our Avid Artist Mix and I am looking to configure the audio outputs on the TC. We also have a Talkshow VS4000, and I need mix-minuses for each channel on that....

Anyway, in looking at the analog XLR outs on the Tricaster, nothing really seems to correlate to what is in the manual and I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on this for me. I am sure its a "me" thing, versus a NewTek/Manual thing... So looking at the TC, I've got 1A, B, C, D and 2A, B, C, D for XLR out. What do these correlate to in the TC output menu? In the Tricaster AE2 outputs, I see master, aux1, aux 2, and aux 3. Then in the audio routing for each channel, I see the master, aux 1, aux2, and aux 3 outputs, as well as the inputs, and all in a 4x4 grid. Which output represents which tick-box in this matrix?

On the main output configuration page, which outputs go to which XLR? It would appear that I've got 8 channels of analog XLR out, true? If so - are they all routable?

The way things appear to work is that in the audio routing matrix, Master 1-4 correlate to 1 A-D XLR's and Aux 1 1-4 correlate to 2 A-D XLR's. Ok, great. Got it. So where do I get to Aux 2 and Aux 3's outputs?

Also, under 'hardware configuration', what do those audio outputs correlate to?

Thanks
    Last edited by dhodlick; 01-11-2017 at 08:55 AM.

For your system, the analog outputs labeled 1A-D always output Master channels 1-4. The second tier of analog connectors is permanently assigned to Aux 1 channels 1-4. The other two Aux outputs can supplied over SDI or NDI (it wasn't always this way. At one time you could assign any bus to the analog output connectors, which was a bit more flexiblle, but we changed it under pressure from users who found this confusing, and who were making setup errors.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve. So is it possible to use an SDI de-embedder to get XLR access to the aux 2 and 3's outputs? And then route whatever I want to those outs via the hardware config? I really only need access to aux 2's since I am using aux 3 in NDI config to handle the VS4000 mix minuses.

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    Thanks Steve. So is it possible to use an SDI de-embedder to get XLR access to the aux 2 and 3's outputs? I really only need access to aux 2's since I am using aux 3 in NDI config to handle the VS4000 mix minuses.
    You could do that, or another alternative might be NDI to a system with Connect Pro and an add-on audio card for analog outputs. The SDI route is probably less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    I really only need access to aux 2's since I am using aux 3 in NDI config to handle the VS4000 mix minuses.
    Gotcha.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")