Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SHQ2 Codec

Quote Originally Posted by gaylek View Post
    Okay good info. I can try the animation. PNG made hundreds of individual slides for a simple lower third so that isn't practical. I tried doing what the guy said and install the codecs but I have a question. I put them on the Mac I make the graphics on, nothing seemed to happen. I double clicked the DMG and it blinked and that was it. Nothing appearred to install. When I go to AE and export there is still no setting for New Tek. Or, are you supposed to download the dmg on the Tricaster? Sorry for the confusion, but when nothing worked with the install I just tried to figure it out. Thank you for your help!
    If the codecs are installed, all you have to do is choose them in After Effects. Check your output module settings. What you are seeing when you see "Quicktime" and "PNG Sequence" are generic container formats. It isn't going to automatically make you a render output module preset, it is just adding the codecs to the system. You need to make those selections in your After Effects output module by clicking on them and then clicking "Format Options" and choosing the NewTek codec, as well as setting your channels to RGB+Alpha with Straight Unmatted video. Since you aren't super familiar with the process, I've attached my render presets from After Effects. That should get you going.

Try this:

1. Extract the zip file with the AOM file in it.

2. In After Effects, go to Edit -> Templates -> Output Module...

3. Click the "Load..." button.

4. Select that file.

That should add two new presets, TriCaster and TriCaster with Alpha.

Kris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    TriCaster: 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    CG: LiveText2 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5 (SDI & ATEM with Tactical Fiber)
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Yep, great video, but that is exactly what I am doing. I am getting a transparent movie but the Tricaster doesn't like that format. When I import that quick time movie it just has a grayed out icon, and the files don't play at all. they are just grayed out images. it looks like two objects, one on top of the other, maybe like a piece of paper turned sideways with covering an object. But its like 20% opaque so I can't tell what the image is. All I know is tricaster doesn't accept it

Try this in your DDR (assign it to a DSK and overlay it on some background or other): png_anim.mov

p.s., I didn't import it, I just dropped it in straight without transcoding. Maybe you've stumbled on an Import bug ...

[Edit: Kris, you've got a Mac with CC, right? Can you fit in a favor for me and confirm that the Quicktime PNG renderer in AE isn't busted? I just tested AE in Win10 and it worked fine, whether I imported the Quicktime file or just loaded it directly.]
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Wow, thanks for trying to figure this out. I could take screen shots if that would help. Strangely I exported one file two days ago and it worked. So I spent four hours making more files the exact same way, (export as a PNG, Millions + Alpha). Then put in in the D drive. Then create a new place to import, Import. All of the ones I spent four hours making didn't work. So one graphic one time worked. Weird. I"m off today but will do what you said Monday. (unless I get a minute to go in and try it)

Quote Originally Posted by gaylek View Post
    Wow, thanks for trying to figure this out. I could take screen shots if that would help. Strangely I exported one file two days ago and it worked. So I spent four hours making more files the exact same way, (export as a PNG, Millions + Alpha). Then put in in the D drive. Then create a new place to import, Import. All of the ones I spent four hours making didn't work. So one graphic one time worked. Weird. I"m off today but will do what you said Monday. (unless I get a minute to go in and try it)
    I'm glad you're making some progress. Two things: first, I'm still not 100% sure you are clear on the distinction between rendering to a PNG sequence - which creates 1 file for every frame of your animation - and a Quicktime PNG, which results in a single movie file for your animation (like the one I attached to my previous post).

Hoping for the best and moving on, I've never found it necessary to run these files through TriCaster's import feature (which will transcode them), although I know others prefer doing so with any file format. Doing so should succeed too, but it's an extra step that I don't really feel is required in this case.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks
    Last edited by Mini4i; 10-13-2017 at 11:47 PM.

What do you choose in the Video Output Format Options. There are many, like Animation, H264, quicktime and many many more.

Do you have quicktime installed on the machine that you use to create your files with alpha? I've attached an image of the settings that I use.
    Another thing that you can try is to give your movie files a green background, or another color that you can key out with the livematte. A touch wonky, but it is a workaround.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quicktime.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	138346
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12