Thread: I am pulling my hair with how inconsistent 3Play Mini is!

Angry I am pulling my hair with how inconsistent 3Play Mini is!

Seriously, for a LIVE production device, it sure has tons of issues and problems.

One day everything will work smoothly and correctly. Then the next, the recorder will stop every 90 seconds, or the video will be choppy, or the clip list won't load or some other problem.
    At each event I'm left rebooting this thing at least 2-3 times, which at a sporting event, takes up a good amount of time and leaves precious moments unrecorded.

I am running the latest versions of 3Play and Tricaster. Has anyone else with a 3Play mini experience these issues? I kid you not if I see "recording has stopped" one more time, I will be demanding a refund!

I'd first put in a call to support so they are aware and can see what they can do to help. While the forums can try to be helpful, this isn't support.

The second thing I would start to check is the video sources going into the unit. How many do you have connected (all 4?). What kind of sources are they? Are you using converters? I would try disconnecting some and running tests to see if any source seems to be causing problems with recording stopping.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I'd first put in a call to support so they are aware and can see what they can do to help. While the forums can try to be helpful, this isn't support.

The second thing I would start to check is the video sources going into the unit. How many do you have connected (all 4?). What kind of sources are they? Are you using converters? I would try disconnecting some and running tests to see if any source seems to be causing problems with recording stopping.
    Just letting everyone know; a year later and we still have this problem. Multiple updates, no consistent reproduction of the issue. It just loves tearing its head in the middle of the most important broadcasts. This is ridiculous.... support has not been helpful outside of suggesting a factory reset, which we did, and this still randomly happens.