Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Spaceship GOLEM

Dirk Steffens aka Luke Boubsteve's Avatar
    I would like to make a small word for the Lightwave logo over the Golem lettering. I chose this so as to show my connection to the software package Lightwave and thus against the frequent criticism lately, that the 2017 version does not exist yet. I mean, with lightwave you have all the resources you need. But to avoid misunderstandings because of the logos, or displeasure, and not to leave the feeling I would make for lightwave advertising I remove it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungho3D View Post
    Epic. Beautifully lit. Can't find the words to say how cool this all looks.

How did you go about doing the engine flare - recently I had a go at doing this in Octane but my results (so far) suck!
    thank you very much for your words. the engine flare is done with octane. its a black body emission material i add to some rear and outer polygons arround the nozzles. then in render target editor i give it a post processing camera setting (play arround with it) Then i rendered only the nozzle parts seperately and composite it later in Photoshop. This is a solution only for this special shot. The plan is to do the engine flare effects with After effects, and use some Alpha images (flames anim) in addition

Videoclip

If somebody is interested on it, here is a link to my little Clip to this Project. If you like it, i would be pleased you give me a like on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Boubsteve View Post
    If somebody is interested on it, here is a link to my little Clip to this Project. If you like it, i would be pleased you give me a like on Youtube
    You got one like from me, great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubsteve View Post
    Okay. I officially hate you!! Wow, fantastic!! I wish I had some of your talent and time. This was almost a year project for you wasn't it? Just awesome!!

A.K.A "The Silver Fox" Gungho3D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boubsteve View Post
    if somebody is interested on it, here is a link to my little clip to this project. If you like it, i would be pleased you give me a like on youtube
    S W E E T !!

Dude, that absolutely ROCKS!

Especially love the lighting for the exhaust and the pop-up-whatever-they-are-thingies
    - How the heck did you do that (lighting effects)?
    - Did that happen in post or all in LW?
    - Are you up for posting any techniques/tutorials regarding how to achieve the same?

Here's hoping you're going to post a second "what happens next" follow on to what you have presented here ...

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    You got one like from me, great stuff.
    Thank you very much, that's what I live for

Quote Originally Posted by unstable View Post
    Okay. I officially hate you!! Wow, fantastic!! I wish I had some of your talent and time. This was almost a year project for you wasn't it? Just awesome!!
    Thank you very much for this kind of "hate"
    Yes, it was one year Project. But now i have to do most things again and again, to be established in all this different areas of CG.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungho3D View Post
    S W E E T !!

Dude, that absolutely ROCKS!

Especially love the lighting for the exhaust and the pop-up-whatever-they-are-thingies
    - How the heck did you do that (lighting effects)?
    - Did that happen in post or all in LW?
    - Are you up for posting any techniques/tutorials regarding how to achieve the same?

Here's hoping you're going to post a second "what happens next" follow on to what you have presented here ...
    Thank you very much for reply. What in detail do you mean with "pop-up-whatever-they-are-thingies" ?

I did the Exhaust by following steps:
    First i gave i animate two Rings within the exhaust. they rotate in opposite direction. The Material (Black body Emission) get enveloped and start to glow equal with the immersuion of giving Power to the Nozzles. I used the Jolt Motion Modifier to shake the Camera, but that you can also do in AE. In three Renderings (First, middle and last) you see the material effect coming out of Lightwave
    The rest i did in After Effects. Its a combination of radial fast Blur, and Fractal Turbulence to get the streaks and the Heat distorsion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ship clip 3Final_0000.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	870.7 KB 
ID:	138665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ship clip 3Final_0142.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	773.3 KB 
ID:	138666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ship clip 3Final_0190.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	608.7 KB 
ID:	138667  

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112