Thread: Discreete DDR AUX output, then on to Dante Network

3 press conferences?! 3?! quantumvista's Avatar

Discreete DDR AUX output, then on to Dante Network

Hola,

The System:

Tricaster 860 AEv2.

The Goal:

Route both DDRs and the Sound player to discreet Dante channels by way of the Trickster's aux outputs.

The Question:

How do I make this happen?

So Far:
    Routed all three sources to aux 1&2. Works fne, but when using other auxes I can't find the streams on the network.
    How are the Auxes assigned Dante Channels?

Thanks!
    If you're not outraged by all this, then you aren't paying attention.

Update

UPDATE:

Routed DDR1 to Aux 1 ch 1 and DDR 2 to Aux 1 ch 2, Works great! I can control both audio levels independently.

Tried to route the Audio player (sound) to Aux 2 ch 1 with no joy.

How are the media players' audio channels routed to individual aux channels.
    how to the Aux output channels map to Dante Channetls?

Thanks,

Jaosn
    Last edited by quantumvista; 09-01-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: clarity

::

There is little control over Dante on output. Basically, I think the first two channels from Main and the first Aux bus are routed to the first four Dante channels. So you'd probably have to work within the limits of Aux 1 to do this.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

It's SO tantalizing though.

I've tried routing Aux 1 ch 3 for the Sound player but again nothing.

Dante can support a ton of audio channelization so I really hope NEwteks support in Tricaster gets a little more robust. All internal sources should be routable via Dante. Every channel, AUX, submaster, or input needs free assignability to discreet dante channels. Is this a function of Tricaster/DVS alignment? DVS can present 16 discreet routable channels from even a Surface Pro. Stands to reason a big ol' honkin beast like the Trickster should have at least the same capability.

Feature request!!!

Okay, fine... Please. Can we please have the capability to route audio from the DDRs and SND player to discreet Dante channels? We just updated our second Tricaster and the routing options appear to have been restricted further. wha??

Hi , I can easily understand your trouble.

Not speaking about discrete routing of every internal or external source to separate channels, like direct outputs which would be really a feature request. BUT, at least we should get DANTE support for every in put and output channel, which actually we don't and for a very long time now.

Newtek is still telling us realease after release that Tricaster supports DANTE, but with that kind of limitation which you only learn the hard way, in my opinion it clearly doesn't. it's just "WHAOU effect" for exhibitions,twitter and marketing stuff .

Okay Newtek,

gloves off.

I asked, you did nothing. We updated to this latest build, and clearly you have ignored ALL of my requests for this feature.

Build # 5-1-170626C
    Acknowledgements: Tim Jenison, Jim Plant

It doesn't look like anyone at Newtek has any intention to provide a definitive solution to this ongoing problem. DANTE is just going to be left hobbled like it is in AEv3. So I give up.

We bought AE for Dante support but it is lackluster and marginal support at best. Not to mention having bug reports and feature requests completely ignored by Newtek Support.

For anyone interested it's likely we'll have 5 Tircasters of varying model for sale soon. Caveat Emptor, they do not function as advertised.

Keep havin a good Day!

Quote Originally Posted by quantumvista View Post
    Okay Newtek,

gloves off.

I asked, you did nothing. We updated to this latest build, and clearly you have ignored ALL of my requests for this feature.
    Didn't know you are the new CEO / owner of NewTek! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    Didn't know you are the new CEO / owner of NewTek! Congratulations!
    I'm not, Just a good customer. Do you work for Newtek?

If so, I see why there's no motion on this issue, $^itty atitudes Like yours. If not, Thanks for not.

Try reading the whole thread.
    Last edited by quantumvista; 08-14-2017 at 02:27 PM. Reason: pricks leaving dumb comments

Eric, I read the whole thread. You are upset because Dante in the TC doesn't work to your specs and expectations. Are you the new owner? No? Just a customer? Huh...I must have missed the part where NewTek is beholden to your wishes and on your timetable.

If you purchased these units solely on your limited understanding of how well Dante is integrated into the system - thats not NewTek's problem. That's a "you" problem. Getting on this forum and acting entitled and self-righteous won't get you much assistance from anyone either. Not with the community, and probably not with NewTek. But it will let this very close-knit network of folks know the sort of person we are dealing with, and that sort of info tends to stick around.

Tossing around insults and namecalling on a pro board? You are a class act.
    Last edited by dhodlick; 08-14-2017 at 08:25 PM.

A couple of points to make here: First, it is longstanding Newtek policy not to comment on development plans, or at least not until their fulfillment is imminent. So a thread like this one, which is basically a complaint about lack of response to a feature request, will generally not result in any official response.

Second, it is longstanding forum policy not to tolerate personal attacks, insults, and the like. We don't mind people expressing themselves about the products, the company, etc., but it's best to keep oone opinions about one another to oneself. By and large, don't so keeps this a friendly constructive community. We're pretty tolerant of criticism, as it would be foolish not to be... but the personal jibes need to stop forthwith please.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    A couple of points to make here: First, it is longstanding Newtek policy not to comment on development plans, or at least not until their fulfillment is imminent. So a thread like this one, which is basically a complaint about lack of response to a feature request, will generally not result in any official response.

Second, it is longstanding forum policy not to tolerate personal attacks, insults, and the like. We don't mind people expressing themselves about the products, the company, etc., but it's best to keep oone opinions about one another to oneself. By and large, don't so keeps this a friendly constructive community. We're pretty tolerant of criticism, as it would be foolish not to be... but the personal jibes need to stop forthwith please.
    Yes, I'm upset, have a right to be and express that. All of my posts in this thread were full, complete, and sensible. Thanks for laying out the Policy Steve. Helps a great deal.

JBryant
    CAN TV

Quote Originally Posted by quantumvista View Post
    Yes, I'm upset, have a right to be and express that.
    No argument. We appreciate constructive feedback, but make a fair bit of room for 'pique' as well, since the two can sometimes be difficult to separate.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    Eric, I read the whole thread. You are upset because Dante in the TC doesn't work to your specs and expectations. Are you the new owner? No? Just a customer? Huh...I must have missed the part where NewTek is beholden to your wishes and on your timetable.

If you purchased these units solely on your limited understanding of how well Dante is integrated into the system - thats not NewTek's problem. That's a "you" problem. Getting on this forum and acting entitled and self-righteous won't get you much assistance from anyone either. Not with the community, and probably not with NewTek. But it will let this very close-knit network of folks know the sort of person we are dealing with, and that sort of info tends to stick around.

Tossing around insults and namecalling on a pro board? You are a class act.
    Sir,

We purchased these units with help from Newtek and a Vendor and certainly DID expect a complete Dante implementation. Didn't appreciate your response, admittedly I went a little far in attempting to meet your unhelpful attitude with a comensurate response of my own, and hopefully can retract the unfortunate editorial comment I left. My apologies.

Hopefully, You'll be more helpful in the future, and I'll definitely redouble my efforts at restraint. Deal?

If so, let's continue productively.

Thanks!

JB