Thread: Warp effects in animation store creator

Warp effects in animation store creator

Hi,

I'm looking for tutorials or more in-depth information than the manual provides on creating warp transitions/effects in animation store creator. I can't seem to find anything related to this.

For starters, what is the difference between warp a and warp b. Also, could anyone shed some light on the color file that displaces the image? I'm baffled by this.

Thank you!

Warp A is to transition a layer off the screen and Warp B would be to transition a layer on the screen.

As for the 'magic gradient', the colors on the image are used to determine the location for the pixels. The attached image might give you a better idea of how an image maps to the gradient. Make sure you keep the image sequence that you create for the warp in EXR format and processed at 16-bit color, the higher color depth is required for the warp to work correctly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VSE image mapping.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	1,004.9 KB 
ID:	133949
    Last edited by kanep; 08-07-2016 at 11:38 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Been a year or two since I played with this, but Adobe After Effects can output the .exr gradient file with the rainbow colors. I tried some of the preset effects in AE like Ripple and Page Peel and was able to make some custom wipes that way, so does not really require advanced skills (I barely know how to use AE). But basically, whatever you are doing to the colored box - scaling, warping, rotation, etc. is what happens to the associated video then in ASC.

Sorry, but without actually figuring it out again myself, can't tell you all the steps, but it's possible

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks to both of you! I was able to make a basic warp transition today. One more question. I'm assuming the answer is no, but here's what I'd like to achieve: I would like to have scene A split into separate segments, then turn around with segment B on the reverse. So, is there a way to combine Warp A and Warp B to achieve this? Or some other way?

Thanks for all the help!

The latest version of 'Animation Store Creator Advanced Edition' (for AE2) has a 'Warp A and B' option, but I'm still trying to figure it out myself. As I understand you use the same magic gradient for both layers, but the blue color channel in the gradient is used to determine if it is A or B. 0% blue added is A, 100% blue added is B. If you added 50% blue, you would get a 50/50 mix of A and B together (or so I understand).
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Sorry to piggy back onto this. I'm having a few issues with the warp feature. I've created one which I'm using to make a graphic animate up from the bottom and the roll off. The effect is nearly working, the only issue is the image that I'm keying over the top is distorted and squeezed to the left. I'm almost certain this is just an export setting issue in after effects which I'm using to make the openEXR sequence. this is warp B on a DSK, I'm then creating a macro to stop it and turn the key off before it comes full frame as I don't want it to come full frame ever.

I've read the manual and there's just a line saying that you can use the openEXR gradient in samples to create warp effects, I've used this and it's not quite working. Is there a more detailed manual anywhere, or any reference material I can view?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	135216 You can see the effect here. The top is meant to be an orange bar, but it's all squished, the text is also meant to be central. Tis odd indeed.
    Last edited by dtweek; 12-02-2016 at 04:33 AM.