Thread: Not able to open NDI receive on Linux

Not able to open NDI receive on Linux

I am using latest Linux SDK, ARM libraries. I am compiling NDIlib_Find example. I am able to see NDI sources, but when I try to connect to a source using NDIlib_recv_create2 function I get a return of NULL, which, as I understand, means failed connection. However there is nothing in the SDK documentation that gives any reasons why a connection would fail. There are no error codes returned by NDIlib_recv_create2. How should I go about debugging this issue? Is there some sort of a debug mode?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stefslon View Post
    I am using latest Linux SDK, ARM libraries. I am compiling NDIlib_Find example. I am able to see NDI sources, but when I try to connect to a source using NDIlib_recv_create2 function I get a return of NULL, which, as I understand, means failed connection. However there is nothing in the SDK documentation that gives any reasons why a connection would fail. There are no error codes returned by NDIlib_recv_create2. How should I go about debugging this issue? Is there some sort of a debug mode?

Thanks.
    The ARM library doesn't support receiving NDI at present.

Quote Originally Posted by livepad View Post
    The ARM library doesn't support receiving NDI at present.
    Thanks, livepad. Was it in any of the documentation and I just missed it? Alos, any idea when or if there will be a support for ARM?

Darn, just ran into this too. Wish it was at least documented somewhere.

This is going to be added in the near future. We do not currently have a fully optimized ARM path through the codec (which is a lot of work).

Any news on this topic? I just tried this and it still returns NULL.

Quote Originally Posted by GuFe View Post
    Any news on this topic? I just tried this and it still returns NULL.
    I am afraid that there still is no optimized ARM codec that we consider fast enough for production use. In the previous newsletter however we did ask that if anyone has an interesting interest in helping us produce this codec and knows ARM assembly that we would be happy to make an open project to develop this. Just email ndi@newtek.com. Ndi receiving is fully supported on all intel platforms, including Linux.