Thread: NDI Portable

NDI Portable

I know some people were looking for this. If you fill out the NDI Tools download form again, the email you receive contains a link to 'NDI Tools Portable'.

This portable version contains NDI Scan Converter and NDI Monitor that do not need to be installed on a computer to use them. Just put them on a memory stick and run them on a target system.

http://pages.newtek.com/NDI-Tools-Pack-Download.html
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Very cool, looking forward to trying it out.
    Now we need a similar set of apps for iOS.

NewTek Connect Pro has AirPlay support today, that will allow you to get an iPad into a TriCaster. Due to Apple's app restrictions, it is not possible to write a tool like NDI Scan Converter for the iPad.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

I understand the scan converter issue. However a monitor would be great.

Maybe not what you're after, but Connect Pro gives you the Webserver. Yhat would let you see NDI sources in a browser.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I understand. I am looking for a simple NDI viewer for iOS. That would let me hook an iOS device via HDMI to a projector or monitor and view NDI cameras on the network with minimal setup. Consider it a wish list item. It am impressed with what you have done so far.

Thanks. As nice as this might be, I will add that asking a typical wifi connection to a mobile device to reliably deliver an NDI stream at high res might be a bit optimistic.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

That may be, however I am getting very good results with NDI Cam, even over an 80.211n network.
    Better yet over an 80.211ac network.
    So I can send video from my phone to the network via NDI, and it would be great to receive video from the network on a phone.

Are the portable versions just the EXE files in the various folders in the NDI tools folder? Or are they elsewhere?

Thanks,

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

The portable version is a separate download that you can get from the NDI Tools download email. Fill out the form again to get the updated links.
    Last edited by kanep; 05-04-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Ha, just had to scroll down on that page!

Thanks Kane!

Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by AlanZ View Post
    That may be, however I am getting very good results with NDI Cam, even over an 80.211n network.
    Better yet over an 80.211ac network.
    So I can send video from my phone to the network via NDI, and it would be great to receive video from the network on a phone.
    Well, we aren't quite ready to do NDI Receive on iOS, but we are already in beta of our first NDI Receiving app for Mac OSX.

NDI Monitor for OSX will probably be a free app, and does a basic job of displaying NDI Video (and audio) in a desktop window.
    We are also planning a commercial pro version which will be a multiviewer.

If anyone wants to get involved in beta testing NDI Monitor for OSX, please contact me - info at sienna.tv

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by livepad View Post
    Well, we aren't quite ready to do NDI Receive on iOS, but we are already in beta of our first NDI Receiving app for Mac OSX.

NDI Monitor for OSX will probably be a free app, and does a basic job of displaying NDI Video (and audio) in a desktop window.
    We are also planning a commercial pro version which will be a multiviewer.

If anyone wants to get involved in beta testing NDI Monitor for OSX, please contact me - info at sienna.tv

Thanks !
    Is there any plans for an iOS NDI Video Monitor?

I'm currently using the Sienna iCaster for monitoring our stream. It works great, but I have to be careful not to hit a button! It's pretty cool to be able to walk around the stadium with an iPad and monitor my students work - all without burning an output or using a fancy wireless transmitter.

Sr. Director, Marketing Services
    NewTek
    San Antonio, TX