Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion for Upcoming Performance Optimizations in The Next LightWave Release Blog

Might not want to show the 3D community it takes 18 seconds to select an object.

I see the new version is pretty much instant, but that part of the demo revealed the wrong message, I think.

Everything else was very nice, good improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by rdolishny View Post
    Might not want to show the 3D community it takes 18 seconds to select an object.

I see the new version is pretty much instant, but that part of the demo revealed the wrong message, I think.

Everything else was very nice, good improvement!
    Yeah but that is not necessarily typical usage. I for have been using LW professionally for over 15 years and have never run into that situation. It's all subject to scene size and in this case they are showing a massive improvement in that area and something the 3D community will care about - especially LW users.

Thanks for the update, Rob. Very inspiring, on top of all the other developments I can't wait to invest in the upgrade. Lightwave can really distinguish itself amidst the vastly overpriced competition.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation and modelling WIP Croman
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

Exciting stuff, and early days. Hopefully they'll squeeze out even more FPS before release. LW muscle sims just around the corner

Some Maya or Max scenes imported via FBX may contain a huge number of objects (null's usually), so this improvement is very very necessary.
    http://soundcloud.com/pass-sword
    from now the kingdom of God is preached, and every effort goes into it

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Some Maya or Max scenes imported via FBX may contain a huge number of objects (null's usually), so this improvement is very very necessary.
    Don't forget about surfaces in this scenario as well LW3DG. Hundreds of surfaces are just as clunky and frustrating to work with as hundreds of objects.

I can't speak for anyone else, but these kinds of improvements really make my day. Over the last couple of editions I've really been pushing my scenes in complexity and had started to run into some of the walls of the older architecture. A speed bump will be extremely welcome as will the scene editor fix.

On a slightly different note, some great work on show there Lino. Your Godzilla guy had some really nice touches... the spreading of the toes, the flopping of the spine fins, the wobble of his leg as he stomps. Great stuff and an excellent example.

I wish the scene editors would be merged into the whole new kickass editor someday. MDD playback seems impressive though.

I'm very excited! Great Stuff! Go Performance.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptive View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but these kinds of improvements really make my day.
    I think you're far from alone... there are many of us who've been wanting "better basics" over fancy new features for a good while. It is indeed most gratifying to see them finally making an appearance to cure those ills, as well as, no doubt, laying the groundwork for fancy new features in the future.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    GI Tutorial On cmiVFX
    YT Vids Tuts for all

I noticed Godzilla in the corner toward the very end.

Very nice indeed.

As Hrgiger was asking will be good to see an fps meter on the Layout during playback.

I liked the splitted comparison, but I noticed Lino was playing 2015 and the Beta at the same time on his computer.
    That means 2015 was taking precious processing resources.
    It will be nice if we can see the Beta playing those scenes by itself, with anything else running except the video capture software. And an F.P.S. meter please.

In the minute 3:14 (umm the pi number), the text says "In the upcoming LightWave release both the New and the Standard Scene Editor are totally". Totally what?

And if possible, can we see a scene with more than ONE character rigged playing at the same time?

So far great work.

Cheers,
    David
    Last edited by dballesg; 03-26-2016 at 05:12 AM.
    When a feature/tool is well thought from the start, the less feature requests it will generate
    ASUS Z170-A 32GB RAM DDR4 i7 Q6700K @4.00GHz GeForce GTX 970 4Gb Driver: 364.51

Quote Originally Posted by dballesg View Post

I liked the splitted comparison, but I noticed Lino was playing 2015 and the Beta at the same time on his computer.
    That means 2015 was taking precious processing resources.
    It will be nice if we can see the Beta playing those scenes by itself, with anything else running except the video capture software. And an F.P.S. meter please.

In the minute 3:14 (umm the pi number), the text says "In the upcoming LightWave release both the New and the Standard Scene Editor are totally". Totally what?

So far great work.

Cheers,
    David
    I thought that too about playing both at once but as was pointed out to me, playback is likely only using a single processor so it is doubtful that playing them seperately would make much difference.

Great update! algo did somebody noticed from the blog entry picture, how much alike is that render to same render done with Octane by Lino? encouraging all along this blog post's!

Rob,
    Do we get a speed increase in scenes that not stacked with lot of mesh data.
    Is there a difference with one character (80,000 polys), a genoma or rhigg it rig, one or two lights) in Lightwave 2015 and Lightwave Next?
    Do you only see the speed increase till you get to mesh over 300,000 polys or so?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast