Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion for Upcoming Performance Optimizations in The Next LightWave Release Blog

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar

Discussion for Upcoming Performance Optimizations in The Next LightWave Release Blog

We have a new blog post on Upcoming Performance in The Next LightWave Release.

https://blog.lightwave3d.com/2016/03...-performances/

Discuss the Blog Post on Upcoming Performance in The Next LightWave Release here.
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

Very nice. Any chance we could see some percentages or differneces in FPS we're seeing in a typical scene?
    Last edited by hrgiger; 03-25-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Nice. I could use some of that increased performance right now.

It's good to see some progress on that area.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Looks like some nice performance improvements.

Looks much better than before!

Looking good! Thanks.

Finally

Looking excellent, that selection boost also looks like it will be a huge time saver for complex scenes!

I have a scene with big files where just selecting them is really "Slow". This new version looks like a nice improvement.

Not earth shattering but definitely the right direction. I was working with Chronosculpt earlier today and was blown away with how it handled my 1.1 million poly mesh, so if LW Next is using an improved version of CS's mesh system it should rock!

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Not earth shattering but definitely the right direction. I was working with Chronosculpt earlier today and was blown away with how it handled my 1.1 million poly mesh, so if LW Next is using an improved version of CS's mesh system it should rock!
    Very glad to hear that! ChronoSculpt is like my baby and I love it so much. It makes me happy to hear how it working so well for you. We also have a studio that is currently working to implement ChronoSculpt as a key part of their pipeline because of the unique workflow that it provides for editing dynamics simulations and editing cached mesh deformations over time with large data sets. It is a very useful tool for that type of workflow. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

Thanks for the blog post! The speed increases will help my heavy-filled scenes. Looking forward to it. And, yes... ChronoSculpt rocks. Saved my butt on my past couple of projects.

As I often work with very large objects, only this week I had a scene with 3 objects @ 21 million polys. I can say that I've mostly waiting for the computer this week, everything from load/save and select, move takes forever. I really looking forward to this new faster geometry engine. Looks great!

Great news and to the point. I appreciate it.
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

Quote Originally Posted by allabulle View Post
    I could use some of that increased performance right now.
    I don't think there is ever a time when we couldn't use increased performance.

An informal visual comparison on Lino's walk cycle animation looks like somewhere around 50% speed improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post
    Very glad to hear that! ChronoSculpt is like my baby and I love it so much. It makes me happy to hear how it working so well for you. We also have a studio that is currently working to implement ChronoSculpt as a key part of their pipeline because of the unique workflow that it provides for editing dynamics simulations and editing cached mesh deformations over time with large data sets. It is a very useful tool for that type of workflow. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    And included in LW - very smart move and much appreciated.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast