Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NDI for 3Play?

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    I assume the TriCaster and 3Play are not near each other because you mentioned fiber?
    We don't have a 3Play right now, but I was using the hypothetical situation of if we had a TC and a 3Play. In that situation, they'd be near each other, but it sounds like only the Tricaster could accept the cameras as inputs over NDI, not the 3Play. So our dilemma here would be that we would have no way of getting the cameras into the 3Play if NDI was our primary transport method (without building a Windows computer with Connect Pro and busting them out to SDI).
    Gabe Thomas

Gear Used:
    Tricaster Mini
    JVC GY-HM600
    Canon HF G20
    Livetext with LTscoreboards2
    Allen & Heath ZED14

Quote Originally Posted by brians0105 View Post
    Pardon my lack of research if this has been discussed or documented, but will a 3Play 425 output to a TriCaster 460 with the new Advanced Edition over the network? Or does this not work because of the NDI implementation? I haven't been able to test it yet.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by PIZAZZ View Post
    nope. you will need to use hard inputs or roll back to AE V1
    Hi there - first post in the forums, for me.

I recently installed AE2.0 onto my TriCaster XD455, and upgraded my 3Play 425 and LiveText units to the most recent updates (3Play is running the 1-5e-160601.16C build, LiveText running 3.03). When opening a new session in TC, I can "see" both the LiveText and 3Play outputs are available over-the-network, but although LT graphics are visible in TC, any video from 3PLay's outputs are not showing up in TC.

I saw these posts making it pretty clear that this wasn't possible, but these were listed prior to the upgraded 3Play software builds, and later posts seem to indicate that the Outputs A and B from 3Play would be accessible in an NDI-based TC. Should this be possible, and, if so, any ideas why the video wouldn't be coming through?

Seeing the two outputs of the 3PLAY via NDI is supported. Can you try using NDI monitor on a system (like the LiveText system) so see if it can receive the video? Also just to verify, you are running gigabit network speeds on all of the equipment (and it is showing up running at gigabit speeds).
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Gigabit speeds on all devices. Apparently, refreshing the network can have an effect; after disabling and re-enabling our LAN connection on the 3Play, the video transferred over to the TC just fine.

Pardon my lack of research if this has been discussed or documented, but will a 3Play 425 output to a TriCaster 460 with the new Advanced Edition over the network? Or does this not work because of the NDI implementation? I haven't been able to test it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PIZAZZ View Post
    nope. you will need to use hard inputs or roll back to AE V1
    I'm curious is there any change to this. I am currently trying to see a 3play 425 on a 460 with no luck.

Hi, when can we expect NDI support on 3Play inputs ?

I can't understand why it's taking so much time.... tricaster and 3Play in a full NDI set-up would really make sense.

Thanks.

Sure would be nice if 3Play accepted NDI.

The lack of NDI integration on the inputs of the 3Play is a little frustrating, considering the push to migrate more devices to the NDI realm. I've got a situation where I need to keep key cameras strictly on SDI, as moving them to NDI would exclude them from replay. I've got three Panasonic he-130 cameras that will be using NDI directly, due to lack of SDI infrastructure where they will be located. However, I can't use them as main cameras, as I can't get them into the 3Play... unless I dedicate outputs on the tricaster 8000 as 'converters', which is really not a viable option.

Will there eventually be full NDI support? If so, is there a timeline?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12